Sign in to follow this  
hawk

How would you.....

Question

This is the biggest structure I've cleaned so far. I'm only cleaning the columns and skirt. They are cover in algae. The surface is DIFS. I have a Hot/3500/4 gpm. I will have 12%/Simple Cherry. I could add Borax if suggested. I downstream, but today I should be receiveing my Delavan and well be able to set that up if I can use it. I'm trying not to rent a lift. I do have a 0040 tip that shots a good 25-30 feet. How would you guys clean this. I'm not going to tell them I won't because it is DIFS, It is owned by our local University that I invoiced for $12,000 last year and don't want to lose the account. BTW, My price was $2340. I figured a max of 16 hours, plus a $170 lift rental fee.

post-1572-137772174383_thumb.jpg

post-1572-137772174388_thumb.jpg

10 answers to this question

Jarrod, Thanks, Its actually one large building with a Center entrance and 4 wings. They only are having me clean North side of 2 wings and the north wing, plus all of the skirt. The back side skirt will be a breeze.

I have not done a building that large but it seems to me you will have a hard time hitting the columns without getting your solution on other parts of the building. I would vote with Jarrod and either clean all of it or if you only want to do the columns, you may have to brush the cleaning solution on to keep it off of the adjacent surface.

This is the biggest structure I've cleaned so far. I'm only cleaning the columns and skirt. They are cover in algae. The surface is DIFS. I have a Hot/3500/4 gpm. I will have 12%/Simple Cherry. I could add Borax if suggested. I downstream, but today I should be receiveing my Delavan and well be able to set that up if I can use it. I'm trying not to rent a lift. I do have a 0040 tip that shots a good 25-30 feet. How would you guys clean this. I'm not going to tell them I won't because it is DIFS, It is owned by our local University that I invoiced for $12,000 last year and don't want to lose the account. BTW, My price was $2340. I figured a max of 16 hours, plus a $170 lift rental fee.

What kind of lift are you renting $170 is way low. Did they understand what you need.A 40 ft lift is about $300 a day plus tax & mandatory insurance & delivery & pickup. One day rental around here is $512 for one day and a week is about $1200

Just want to make sure you are getting what you need and factoring in the right $$$ amounts for your bid

Good luck to you!

JL

Jeff,

I was looking at a towable Boomlift from HD. Its a 30ft lift. I was hoping I could clean this without renting it. It would be my first time to use a lift.

Thanks for your response,

Hank

i ve just been asked to bid on an apartment complex and am in the same predicament ,some sides of the buildings are 40 ft high . they have light mold and dirt on the siding, im thinking about going with the x-jet on an 72" wand should give me the height that I need ,at most i will have a little ladder work

Here are some after Pic's. The first Pic has got to be one of the greatest after pic's. In the B4 pic the building is green and the Caddy is white, In the after Pic the building is white and the Caddy is Green.

post-1572-137772175041_thumb.jpg

post-1572-137772175046_thumb.jpg

Here are some after Pic's. The first Pic has got to be one of the greatest after pic's. In the B4 pic the building is green and the Caddy is white, In the after Pic the building is white and the Caddy is Green.

That's funny. No way you could ever do that again I bet.

Scott