Sign in to follow this  
MelissaMW

Work gloves

Ok, I remember posting the galeton company web site before, for gloves and such, but I can't remember where that post was.

I wanted to share something, I had to place an order for gloves and liners today. While on the phone I had asked the woman if she would send me a sample of a pair for me to try out and she is. She then recommended another pair and said she'd send a sample of that also. No charge, for me to try out.

It's hard for me to find work gloves that fit me, and that I like. So I was pretty pleased that they're sending me a few free samples to try out. :)

Needed to edit this to add, I'm not affiliated with this company in any way shape or form! I'm just pleased with them and wanted to share what happened today.

I have tried several brands of gloves, find most are not what they claim, both in size and quality.

I have been using Wells Lamont for a few years and the xl fits my hands good, not tight or loose and they last, not forever but a few month.

The two styles I use are:

Model 4400XL I like this one best.

Model 3300XL is second choice.

Not easy to find in XL, some Home Depot and Lowes' carry them, they can order them if you get the manager and ask him.

Or you can contact Wells Lamont directly but they usually do not discount as they would be in competition with their distributors.

Ask for a business owners discount and offer to buy 6 dozen. You can mix up the amount, they come 6 pair to a package.

http://www.wellslamont.com/flash.html

Jon

Jon:

What do you use gloves for? To keep from being burned by your hose fittings, etc? I don't run hot water much, but I do have a couple fading scars on my wrists from the first time I ran hot water and kept bumping the hose fittings, in the same spot on each wrist every time.

Personally, I use them for all work. Whether it be working on a deck pressure washing, sealing, putting chemicals down... mixing chemicals, working in the yard, etc. I just wear my gloves. Saves wear and tear on the hands.

Melissa covered it pretty good, hoses get dirty, why transfer that and all the junk they run over, gum, crap, who knows what else to my hands.

And hoses get HOT too, so do wands if you happen to touch one instead of the holders on them, and when using QC to go from wand to surface cleaner, man ever touch one of those after 10 or more minutes of hot water going though them?

Most important reason, safety.

I use different gloves for mixing my chemicals, rubber ones.

Jon

Here is a picture of the gloves that we have used for many years. They are made by Memphis. It has a 14" gaulant and we turn it up so liquids don't run down your arm.

They are PVC with a jersey lining inside. We launder them several times before they get tossed out. By them by the case less. I should add these gloves have a sandy finish (less slip) on the fingers, etc.

The white one on the left is worn it you want an additional layer to protect from heat or cold. Kinda tight fit thou!

Dave Olson

We have some basic brown cloth ones we use to keep our hands warmer in cold weather, and we use nitrile gloves (yes we sell them) over top. Nice thing about nitrile is you can get chems and sealer on them and they hold up.

Beth :groovy:

I use nitrile gloves all the time. They hold up well against all of the chems I typically use.

The latex disposable gloves, on the other hand, disintegrate almost immediately when exposed to solvents.

I get a lot of my supplies from Direct Safety. They have a very wide selection of most anything you need, and things you didn't know you needed until you saw it there. Check them out at www.directsafety.com

Beth has a great price on the nitrile gloves, even better than DS. I think if there was enough demand for popular supplies she doesn't carry, she would look into adding the items.

Would you Beth?

Guest rfitz

I use the Seal Skinz, a little pricey, but you dont even know you have gloves on, your hands wont sweat, the gloves cant come off, your hands stay dry, and last forever and should, I paid $25 a pair, but wouldnt use anything else

oh yeah, I also use the black diamond fireman boots, my brother n law is a fire chief, and gets me these, they are fire proof, chem proof, water proof etc

and you can walk in them all day, and your feet feel GREAT......

Jeff & Mark,

I can get those for you (I believe in the size you want too). I'm getting ready to place another order (these move FAST) and I'll inquire. These nitrile gloves are great. They are disposable, and meant for one or two uses per pair, but chems don't melt them off your hands, which is nice. In other words they are protective, not work gloves if you understand what I'm trying to say. Great when you're sealing decks! Again, you can put them on over other gloves (we do) to keep dry. They come 50 pair to a box. The new shopping cart is not online yet so call our toll free number if you need to order.

1-877-H2O-WASH

1-877-426-9274

I'll be out of the office alot this week, so try my cell at 240-876-0692 if you need me. :)

Beth