Sign in to follow this  
douseahouse

insurance just went up

Question

darn, i had a policy that was affordable but this year the carrier decided to jack it up even though i have never made a claim. before i start shopping again does anyone have a good agent that they recommend?

thanks,

rando

27 answers to this question

Has anyone had any experience filing a claim with Joe Walters. I here so many good things about him, is that because he has a lot of knowledge of our industry and can talk our talk, just wanted to know if he backs it with the same great service? I use a local insurer, but never had to file any claims, thank goodness.

Randy,

I will try to remember to call and ask my agent if they write policies in NC. I am now paying $563/yr for 1M/2M.

John, Try Erie insurance, thats who I use, and I pay a lot less for the same coverage.

Thats amazing how little you guys are paying for that much coverage. Are you sure your covered for Powerwashing? I have Joe Walters ins. and I'm very happy with the rates I pay even though there not that cheap but I'm covered completely under Powerwashing. That's critical because if your not covered for powerwashing even though you have that much insurance my bet is your insurance company will not pay out for damages. Some may want to double check there insurances. Painting a Building doesn't fall under Powerwashing a building...

John,

I had that conversation last year with my agent (Atuo-Owners Insurance). I asked him about damages. I even went so far as to ask if by chance the electricity shorted & the house caught on fire. He stated I was covered. John, I'm a retired OIC of Organized Crimes so I always worried about liability in my past profession.

I did waive the terrorism coverage, which I could not believe they offered.

Phil

John,

I had that conversation last year with my agent (Atuo-Owners Insurance). I asked him about damages. I even went so far as to ask if by chance the electricity shorted & the house caught on fire. He stated I was covered. John, I'm a retired OIC of Organized Crimes so I always worried about liability in my past profession.

I did waive the terrorism coverage, which I could not believe they offered.

Phil

Did you specifically ask if you had "care,custody and control" ?

Scott

Did you specifically ask if you had "care,custody and control" ?

Scott

Yep, the last insurance company told me they would pay for damages to the house next door but not the house I was working on. That when I learned about care custody & control.

My friend still has my old company. I never placed a claim either did he. I explained it to him. He didn't seem to care, you figure it?

After reserching several companies I went with J Walters.CCC insurance is extra under an edorsement...don't think most people know that....If you leak water in a window and ruin something inside general liability will cover it.But use the wrong chemicals and burn up their shrubs or stain their siding you better have the ccc endorsement.....

Just curious... What are the average rates? I have shopped around locally and the best I can find is 800/yr. It might be because I'm new to the industry though. That or I'm not a very good shopper. I try to do as much business locally as possible, but it may not be the best course of action.

The thing that cements my ties with Joe Walters is because he knows all of the ins and outs of the Powerwashing business. He is also one of the founders of the PWNA and has been to many many Conventions. The highest Honor a Powerwashing Vendor can recieve in the PWNA is..."The Joe Walters Award". I like to use guys that I can trust and Joe is a true blue Powerwashing guy...

I have my insurance thru National Grange and they just sent me a letter last week saying they kicked me off because they found out that we use chlorine, and they say they ain't going to cover that.

I guess actually that was for works comp insurace.

Anybody else run into that??

I have my insurance thru National Grange and they just sent me a letter last week saying they kicked me off because they found out that we use chlorine, and they say they ain't going to cover that.

I guess actually that was for works comp insurace.

Anybody else run into that??

When would you ever use chlorine?

Scott

I mix some in with the house wash mix.

Not being a smartass even if it comes across that way BUT you use Sodium Hypochlorite(NaOCl). Which is a whole different chemical than Chlorine(Cl).

I have been on the soapbox before about calling our chems by the proper name and here is a prime example why.

I would tell your carrier you use Sodium Hypochlorite and not Chlorine and see what they say.

Scott

Has anyone had any experience filing a claim with Joe Walters. I here so many good things about him, is that because he has a lot of knowledge of our industry and can talk our talk, just wanted to know if he backs it with the same great service? I use a local insurer, but never had to file any claims, thank goodness.

I guess noboby has had any claims with Mr Walters, just a nice guy with pressure washing knowledge is all I've heard so far. Yes John T. I had and indepth conversation with my insurance agent and I'm covered under all pressure washing, same coverage I had discussed with Mr Walters before I decided on a local agent.

I'm with Walters. I asked for quotes from two different commercial agents here last year, and didn't even get the courtesy of a return call. Seems they just don't want the small premiums.

Having said that, my $600 a year for $300,000 sounds a bit steep compared to what you guys are paying. I've never had a claim after three years.

Thanks Phil...Did a search for a local Auto-Owners Insurance Agent. Luckly there was an agent just 4 blocks from. Already got a quote from Joe Walters and he wanted double what my local Auto-Owners quoted. I showed the agent the quote and we compared the exact same policy.