Sign in to follow this  
John Orr

Reading a map, dialing a cell phone

Question

One of life's perplexing problems for those of us that now require assistance in the sight department, is the need to carry around reading glasses. Having to put them on to read is one thing, but when working outside and while driving, I like to wear sunglasses, so I have to switch from sunglasses to reading and back. Rite-Aid used to carry sunglasses with reading lenses built-in, but don't any more.

By accident, I happened to find a pair of stick-on magnifying lenses and they work really well. They run $20 for two pair. They come in various magnifications and are really simple to install and just as easy to remove. Problem solved.

6 answers to this question

Buy a GPS for you truck and have the hot broads voice on it tell you when to turn..and all the while you can watch your vehicle move along on the roads thru your GPS..But of course keep you eye on the "Real" Road.

A decent GPS system will cost about $400 and they are worth it. Never have to carry a map again And I havent got lost yet from NY to Florida.

John....my wife said that I was going to make my lady cuss me out on my GPS!!! :D

She said that since I'm a guy, I still think I know where I'm going better than the GPS..hahahahah (she's right, as usual)

John, I am using GPS on my smartphone...but sometimes you need to look at the screen and see the map or the address or see which way the arrow is pointing. Plus, I hate not being able to see who is calling me or see the screen on my phone when looking-up customer info - or programming the GPS for that matter!

Those smart phones are to small. I can't see them without my glasses on. A GPS screen thats full color and probably around 5 inches wide is a hundred times better then those phones. Once you get one of these GPS you have to have it...like when you first lost your........:)

I bought my father one of these last year for around $500 then they went down to $400 when my wife bought me that for christmas. Now it looks like there under $250 and you never pay a service....Amazing...may buy a few more of these. Other Image Views