Sign in to follow this  
anthony szabo

Hands On Wood Demo For Free

Question

If a guy was to set up a all day free wood demo that offers the following would you attend.

The cleaning of wood decks by use of products and application process of the cleaning / stripping products. Understanding why and why not to do certain cleaning application with the correct tools.

The staining process of how to, and all the tricks of the trade of the staing process.

Just thinking of having a company rep. of a staining company show off their products at my home. This will be a project from start to finish on cedar wood.

Hotel is close if over night is required. I will spoil you with food and drinks and also good shop talk. Our location Is Morrison, Illinois

I'm not trying to sell anything here, but trying to help keep our industry on the same page so we all are doing the correct process on wood for wood.

17 answers to this question

Tony

This sort of thing is right up my alley. Unless you've got a specific company in mind already, I would volunteer time and materials for this type of event.

I look forward to hearing more about it.

This is something I was just going to line up for my business and thought that anyone else that would like to see the entire deck cleaning and staing process done by manfactures would be a good experience.

If I know that contractors will show up and what their demands are of what they want to see besides deck process I will also set other demo jobs up. (for ex. house wash)

Please keep in mind I will not be pushing a certain process or products and keep everything on neautral terms.

If we get enough people to attend I'm sure vendors may want to send door prizes and goodies of their products.

But for now I do need to know of if anyone who would like to attend. The date is now open and I will also let you guys pick a date and time that best fits you scheduals.

So if you do show interest just say yes and we will work on confirmation and dates as needed.

Don't forget the location is Morrison, IL

Sounds like something I could really benefit from. Just starting out and would really like to see someone who knows their stuff in action. I would have attended a paid class, but my start up budget is just too tight to spend the kind of money most are charging in addition to travel and lodging. Just afraid it would leave me too short if something were to go wrong. And We all know Murphy's Law, don't we?

LIVE demo of cleaning and preping a cedar deck that is five years old.

LIVE demo of staining a cedar deck using Flood Supreme Performance.

Supreme Performance is a water-borne product. It will soak into the hardwoods such as IPE, MAHOGANY, PAU LOPE, IRONWOOD, AND TEAK.

Just think if it works on those woods that it will soak in PRESSURE TREATED PINE, and CEDAR woods with no issues.

If enough contractors attend I will not only have my deck as a demo I will also have other jobs going on. We will use my gator to go back and forth to area neighbors and giving free services to them for the demo reasons.

What do you guys want to see? I must know in order kick off this Rodeo!

DECK DEMO CLEAN AND STAIN IS ALREADY PLANNED

HOUSE WASH?

PAINT PREP.?

CONCRETE CLEAN AND SEAL?

ROOF CLEANING?

LIME STONE RESTORATION COMMERICAL?

VAPOR STEAM CLEANING?

BIDDING RESIDENTIAL WORK AND ADD-ONS?

If I can get answers of what you may like to see, I kinda need to know ahead of time to get the projects lined up.

No date is set in stone yet, but the middle of May is a tentative date we are looking at. Will need at least 10 contractors or more to make everything work out.

You may send me a e-mail at midwestmobilewashers@frontiernet.net to ask any questions and what services you would like to see proformed.

Lets stay in touch,

Tony

Tony,

I love your idea. I encourage anyone who is looking for this type of experience to get in touch with him. Rod and I have known Tony for a number of years and can tell you that you will learn something from him.

Beth

The Idea came from just having Ron Balwin and Nate McMillan of the Flood company coming to do product demo's for us. I thought to have a bigger audience in front of them I would extend the invite to anyone.

I have decided to take it a step bigger to offer what ever services you would like to see and use our friends and neighbors to receive free services from us and have hands on demo's for the day.

I have only recived two people who may attend. We really need to see at least 10 contractors to come in order to put this all together.

I am new to the business and I would be very interested in a demo. However it would be a road trip for me. I am from MA but I would consider it if the timing was right.

I would be interested in decks, house washing, etc.

Thanks

Ray,

I would hate to see you come from Lakeville, MA just to see these type of washing demo's.

Maybe this type of hands on Demo can be a new way of putting together a RT. Instead of our normal RT's we should have live demo's on the job site events besides these RT's.

If we all come together I would think a great leader in your neck of the woods will put a event on like I'm trying to do so here.

But you are more than welcome to come and I will make sure you have great accommodation choice and a learning experience you will never forget.