Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

5.6 up high

I am going to get a 5.6 cold water machine to add it to my enclosed trailer for condos. My question is I want to raise it off the floor about 3 1/2 - 4 ft to save on floor space, I'll have a frame welded for it. Will I have any problems with it drawing from the tank because its up higher?

Also I will be having an exhaust pipe put on it and running it out the floor, does having a exhaust pipe 4 ft or so restrict anything?

Thanks

Jeff

Jeff,

I once had to use one of my cold water belt driven PWers to pull water from a pool from the pool deck which was about a foot above water level. This worked but it was only because we had to do it.

The problem I see for you is that every time you go to start your Powerwasher it will start with the pump dry and to do this alot I can see you having problems eventually with that pump..alot. if you set it up with a pump in- between the Powerwasher and the tank that feeds water to the elevated powerwasher then I could see it working but to let the Powerwasher draw water that high all the time it looks like problems IMHO.

The distributers here like Paul Kassandra(I probably spelt Pauls name wrong--sorry) could give you a more definitive answer about this.

You know this got me thinking....you know those pumps you use to pump water out of a basement. Imagine hooking one of those to a hose and the other end to your pressure washer - and then throw the pump into the backyard pool - if the homeowners have one - and use that water to clean their home with - hee hee hee. I know unprofessional, blah blah blah - would it work? Maybe you would have to rinse with fresh water, eventually.

You know this got me thinking....you know those pumps you use to pump water out of a basement. Imagine hooking one of those to a hose and the other end to your pressure washer - and then throw the pump into the backyard pool - if the homeowners have one - and use that water to clean their home with - hee hee hee. I know unprofessional, blah blah blah - would it work? Maybe you would have to rinse with fresh water, eventually.

BYE BYE PRESSURE CLEANING PUMP

I bought a pump ( haven't used it uet) that works like a jet well pump. You hook your wand on the down stream end and then it will pump out 10 times more water then you lare putting in. The discharge hose is 1 1/2. It would work good to pump out a basement or pool or the like. Even to fill your water tank. It only cost $100.