Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Need sub help? Looking for work? Post it here!

If you are looking for additional help on a job you have won, post it here. If you have a specific skill and are looking for work, post it here. This forum is here to help those who are:

1. looking for someone to do a job, either the customer or as a subcontractor

2. looking for work in a specific capacity as a subcontractor or for an individual or company.

This time of year lots of folks have availability in their schedules. It's also the time of year when at times we could all use extra help when we least expect it.

Qualified leads and requests will be emailed to our users, so post them here.

Beth :groovy: :coffee:

Looking for some help this season in my area. Must be able to withstand hot weather, ruin some clothes, and show up to work. Starting pay, 10.00 p/hr. Contact Reed

I am just starting out this year doing this part time. I may be moving to full time depending on the amount of work and other factors such as "do I still have my day job as a contract programmer". Winter starts in October here in MN... I am wondering if any companies in FL or other warm places would be interested in taking me on as a sub-contractor trainie for 2+ weeks in the Ocober/November or March/April time frame? I would want to learn how you do a variety of jobs, from Decks, to roofs, to flat work, maybe fleet work. I could provide my own insurance, a 3500psi 4gpm hot/cold machine and a truck. (I could use my trailer, but it has my advertising on it).

E-mail me if interested...

Work: jeff_swanson@cargill.com

Home: cannongroup@rconnect.com

Just went full time this month and could use extra work. Any one in need of a sub in the Pinellas county or Tampa FL area?

I am fully equiped with 4gpm,4000psi cold water trailer and insured.

I currently do a lot of tile roofs, driveway cleaning and painting and guarantee all my work.

If anyone does commercial flat work and has a hard time removing chewing gum, I have a specialty business that does just gum removal, you keep the PW work.

Jon Chapman

Chapman Property Services, LLC

GumBusters of Tampa Bay

Phn 727-432-2501

fax 727-398-7718

Email jchapman@gumbusters.com

Just went full time this month and could use extra work. Any one in need of a sub in the Pinellas county or Tampa FL area?

I am fully equiped with 4gpm,4000psi cold water trailer and insured.

I currently do a lot of tile roofs, driveway cleaning and painting and guarantee all my work.

If anyone does commercial flat work and has a hard time removing chewing gum, I have a specialty business that does just gum removal, you keep the PW work.

Jon Chapman

Chapman Property Services, LLC

GumBusters of Tampa Bay

Phn 727-432-2501

fax 727-398-7718

Email jchapman@gumbusters.com

Hey Jon,

I have a good friend that lives on Treasure Island just outside of Tampa over the bridge. He is a realtor and I copied your post and sent it to him today.

I will be heading down there in October to go to the big party in Ybor City . Maybe we can meet up for a beer and I can introduce you to him.

Good Luck,

Jesse

This is the big event in Tampa I am supposed to go to. I hear it is a lot like Mardi Gras?

You Florida guys should meet me down there and maybe Ray York (the realtor) can set you up with some jobs for his clients. The last time I was down there I couldn’t believe all of the mold you guys have.

Guavaween in Ybor City

This Latin-style celebration is held each year in Tampa's historic Ybor City which is known more for its cigars than its guavas. The legendary story behind the celebration is as much fun as the celebration itself.

Long ago, Tampa pioneer Gavino Gutierrez tried to cultivate guava commercially, but was unsuccessful. However, it is noted that a local newspaper columnist was successful in planting the idea that if New York is the "Big Apple," then it follows that Tampa must be the "Big Guava." So, for seventeen years the mythical Mama Guava has lead her followers in the Mama Guava Stumble Parade.

This huge street party draws more than 100,000 people. The all day fun for all ages fills the streets between 11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Party goers not only enjoy the parade, but a costume party and concerts. After 4:00 p.m. Mama Guava welcomes her adult revelers and the party last long into the wee hours of the morning. So, take the "bore" out of Ybor City and join the celebration!

To join the festivities take I-275 to I-4 east or I-75 to I-4 west. Exit I-4 at 21st Street (Exit #1 South) or take the Lee Roy Selmon (Crosstown) Expressway to 22nd Street (Exit #9 North).

Hey jesse,

You should call when you get down. Love to meet you for a beer or three and good cigar in Ybor.

Gotta tell you though, niether Ybor city or the parades (night or family) are a place you want to bring kids to.) Great place to party if your young and like the club scene though.

There are some good cafes and cigar outlets there for a more quite lunch or dinner setting.

Hey jesse,

You should call when you get down. Love to meet you for a beer or three and good cigar in Ybor.

Gotta tell you though, niether Ybor city or the parades (night or family) are a place you want to bring kids to.) Great place to party if your young and like the club scene though.

There are some good cafes and cigar outlets there for a more quite lunch or dinner setting.

Hey Jon,

I’ll do that. I have only been to Ybore City one time and I will never forget it. We don’t have things like that in Jefferson City, Missouri that’s for sure!

You are right, it is not the place I would want to expose my family to. This is officially another "fishing" trip in the Gulf for my friend and I.

Ray is always looking for good subs to work on homes for him. Since he is a Realtor he buys and sells quite a few and also acts as a "small time" General Contractor for other people who just own vacation properties and don’t know who to trust.