Sign in to follow this  
Mark McMaster

Here we go!!!

Question

Hello to all and what a great forum!!!!

Very informative and you guys really know your stuff. First off, I'm a newbie(I know you're all thinking"Here we go, more stupid questions) and have a few questions for you.

First off, I clean tile and grout, marble limestone etc. and figure that flat surface cleaning would be great add-on bor my bisiness.

When doing concrete such as driveways or pool decks is it to my understanding that you prespray chlorine first and let dwell and then hit it. I have a 16" Whirly-A-Way. Is the chlorine diluted or straight or is it even chlorine?

Would also like to attempt decks/fencing as well. Test on my own first of cousre.(cedar) What chems and procedure for this as well?

Being in Canada are the same chemicals readily available as they are in the States?

Planning on buying something in the 4,000 psi and hopefully around 5gpm range.

Thanks for any info and have a great day.

Mark

5 answers to this question

Most chemicals used here are available there in one shape or form. When cleaning concrete you would be better suited to use a detergent on the surface, chlorine does nothing to remove dirt and oil. With the right application of a mild detergent you can lift and release the dirt and oils deposited on the concrete (from asphalt lots, car droppings etc.) Then run your surface cleaner over the area and rinse. If the concrete needs to be brightened you can add an oxalic acid to the surface and it will lighten it up.

For decks it is the same basic principal, use a cleaner or stripper to remove the sealer or damaged wood fibers, then apply an oxalic acid to brighten and neutralize the wood. When dry you can sand and seal as necessary. (short version)

Welcome Mark

I'm just down the 401 (our version of an interstate) from you. You are welcome to call or pm me. Alot of the chem's are not available under the names you'll read on here, & to costly to ship. I can probably help you in that direction. Read until you can't read anymore, some of these guys/gals have forgotten more than I know.