Sign in to follow this  
Mike W

Egg covered siding

Question

I have a house to clean that was egged in January. I was wondering if there is anything special I need to do beyond a strong mix and maybe some brushing? Thanks

14 answers to this question

Egg is a very tough stain to remove, it is one that you have to get to immediately. (if there is a new product that completely takes out the shadow - please share)

Our experience is a shadow will remain.

Beth

I informed the customer that a shadow from the egg would still remain. I was just wondering if anyone knows of a better technique than good old fashioned elbow grease and strong cleaners?

I did some more research. Vinegar is supposed to break down the protiens in eggs. I'm wondering what spraying acetic acid with a sufracant on the affected area will do. Just neutralize afterword and commence with the housewash. Would a light oxalic mix have the same effect?

I havent removed it from all those surfaces, but warm water and a soft brush has done well on quite a few things. I have done the bucket and sponge and mainly low pressure from the dual lance to soak it and lightly brush it away.

Here's one I did last week at the lake Mike. The egg stains have been there since Halloween '06.

Regular House wash didn't work so well until I did a half and half mix with 12% and a little extra prosource soap, longer dwell time obviously, and 1 re-apply. Stucco finish!!! Almost broke out a scoop of hydroxide, but better judgement warned me internally. Make it stronger and let it dwell. No shadows

ILMXJ

post-1033-137772177016_thumb.jpg

post-1033-137772177027_thumb.jpg

By the way, the panels on this house are 10 ft. Count them from the bottom to the top folks, that's approx 40 feet for all you xjet haters. Oh yeah.... from the ground. 2800 sq ft. 1 hr 40 minutes on this one, well add on the roll out roll up time. Not bad...... and again... no shadows.

good luck Mike.

By the way, the panels on this house are 10 ft. Count them from the bottom to the top folks, that's approx 40 feet for all you xjet haters. Oh yeah.... from the ground. 2800 sq ft. 1 hr 40 minutes on this one, well add on the roll out roll up time. Not bad...... and again... no shadows.

good luck Mike.

Adrian,

How many gpm flow you running through xjet and what orfice size to get that 40' peak?

I know I can't consider getting the ratio of chemical you got up there with a downstreamer but am interested in figuring out exactly what orfice size might put me up that high. I am a bit shy of that with running 5gpm and smaller hose bib (? orfice size) as tip. An 0008.0 tip aerosols out on me with too much pressure and haven't yet tried any 0030.0 or 0040.0 sized tips.

Anyone got the orfice size? With that info I can use nozzle chart to see what it translates into nozzle # for my machine..

For resi's, I use my 4gpm 4k unit. i have always used the original xjet version.

I don't even know the oriface size is to be honest. It is rated for 3k psi and higher. I have it attached to a trigger handle with no wand at all.

i don't use the proportioners at all. i just move reeeaalll fast.

I know alot of people who say they use the 40 when downstreaming and get even higher.So that might be the way for you.

I just stick with what has always worked for me. I didn't go woth the m5 because others have said the original gets higher, so I went with that for three yrs now. Every once in a while I will use a regular 3 ft wand or in some cases an 8 ft. You should do ok pushing 5gpm and a 40.

I am probably wrong but 13 comes to mind. I simply use this thingy to get waaaay high to that thingy. By the way that customer was so impressed with the cleaning job that I will be doing her wrap around deck this Summer.

Sorry I don't have exact specs for you, but Tracy at SunBrite always took care of me and said this is the one you need and I have stuck with that ever since.