Sign in to follow this  
mas3372

steel eagle problem

Hello,

I have a 24 inch steel eagle. I used it last week to do crackerbarrel. Worked fine, washed it off after, top and bottom and put it back. Took it out one week later, hooked it up and the water would barely come out the nozzles. It worked fine and then not at all. I checked for bends or damage from moving it and found nothing. Greased the fitting and still nothing. The arm spins, but no water. Any thoughts?

Clogged tips or a clogged inline filter sound to be the culprit. Strange that the arms spin with no water.

Take out the tips for cleaning, run the unit with no tips to check for water flow and to perform flushing, clean inline filter if equipped, then reassemble. Problem should be gone

The Steel Eagle (I too have a 24" - though I just upgraded to a Big Guy) doesn't come with an in-line filter - you may want to consider one. One way to check for clogged tips is to tip the sc on its side and look for water dripping from the tips. Rotate the bar to check each tip. If water is dripping equally, it may be the gun. Do you have full flow with a regular wand? Why is there a clog? (If there is one.) Do you have an in-line filter? Do you filter your water supply? What is the clog? I had a clogged sc once and it turned out to be a piece of gasket (or something) from the pump. Fixed the clog, but still no flow. Check the simple stuff first. FWIW, I carry a 20" spare sc in the van - just in case.

Thanks for the help guys. The arm spins by hand when I spin it, not with the water. I stated that just you would know the swivel wasn't frozen. I will take the hose off and the gun to see if here is a clog. I do get full water movement with a regular wand.

Where in my set up should I put a inline high pressure filter?

Thanks.

Thanks for the help guys. The arm spins by hand when I spin it, not with the water. I stated that just you would know the swivel wasn't frozen. I will take the hose off and the gun to see if here is a clog. I do get full water movement with a regular wand.

Where in my set up should I put a inline high pressure filter?

Thanks.

If you don't have an inline filter, the most likely culprit is clogged tips.

Unless you have really small tips, then I would not worry about an inline filter. I only mentioned it so it would not get overlooked.

Either way you would be unclogging something. I haven't used on in a long time and do not have any problems.

I had the same problem...it's clogged tips. Worked great ever since then...

Oh yeah, they may not looked clogged, but take them off and jam a paper clip or something up there...I had chunks of metal come out of mine.

Thanks again for the tips. I wil check it out tomorrow and let you all know what the culprit was. It sucks when you are about to do a garage floor and the HO wants to watch you work because they are impressed with your setup and then a criticle piece of equipment dosn't work.

How often you change the tips? I am assuming they are just zero degree tips correct?

And where would I put the filter, right off the gun before the hose or should I have one back right off my machine?

Mike,

Most SC run 15 or 25 degree tips. Make sure you size correctly for your machine. IF you are going to add a filter, I'd suggest before the swivel