Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

The Envirospec Technical Service School Jekyll Island, GA - June 11-13 2007

The Envirospec Technical Service School

For Contract Cleaners and the Rental Industry

Jekyll Island, GA - June 11, 12, 13, 2007

We will also be hosting a best ball golf outing with prizes on June 14, 2007.

Only 100 seats available so call 877-351-1238 and sign up now!

Classes will be hosted by:

• Kohler Engine instructor Greg Dupree will be explaining the operation of and proper servicing techniques of Kohler gasoline engines.

• General Pump Master Trainer Technician Chuck Welch who will explain the function and proper methods and techniques to employ, maintain and rebuild a General Pump.

• Allison Iron Horse Technicians with both shop and practical field experience.

In the classes you will receive:

• Hands on experience in breaking down and reassembling the General TS-2021 pump.

• Practical application on servicing and trouble shooting common engine problems and techniques for lasting repairs.

• Hands on experience from the ground up in servicing an Allison Iron Horse Hydro Cannon and an Allison Iron Horse Hot Water Fire Cannon.

• Additional classes explaining the operation and proper procedures of rebuilding unloaders, trigger guns, chemical injectors, and more.

• Extra time and emphasis will be placed on one of the most difficult parts of the pressure washer, the burner systems. You will learn this system from the wiring to final operation, and all the appropriate trouble shooting techniques you will ever need.

• Instruction will also be given on the proper setup and protection of your equipment to include winterizing techniques and the correct implementation of various components.

• One thing we can promise you - you will learn more in 3 days than you will in the next 10 years on your own. So if you are serious about this industry - you just can’t miss this school!

The cost is $250.00 and includes breakfast and lunch for the 3 days of the school.

An Overview of Past Technical Service Schools

Various Pressure Washer Components Were Covered

Discussions and demonstrations were given covering drive systems, switches, unloaders, nozzles, chemical injectors and trigger guns just to name a few. Each item was given a complete overview of its operation and its proper installation on a pressure washer. In addition, if any of the components could be rebuilt, a demonstration was given on proper disassembly techniques and the correct way to repair the product.

We spent time discussing the advantages, disadvantages, and operation of the direct drive, gear reduction, and belt driven systems. Horsepower requirements and pulley sizing formulas were explained and how their relationships affect the total system. Additional time was taken to cover some real world examples for full understanding by all. Demonstrations were also given on how to rebuild a gear reduction drive and how to properly install it on your pump and motor.

Throughout the class students were encouraged to participate in the discussions and share their “breakdown” experiences with the group. As each problem was presented, discussed, and solved you could see the students understanding of the components grow. This open discussion helped many to understand the proper application of each product and in some cases exposed how they were being misused which was causing their individual problems.

Full Breakdown and Reassembly of Pumps

The General TS-2021 pump was the main focus for the pump section of the school. Since the overall design and operation of the pump is common, this class was an excellent overview for all. Class discussion covered how pumps operate, the proper steps in rebuilding your pump, and tips on how to keep your pump running smoother and longer. After our discussion there was time spent in a hands-on teardown and rebuild session. This allowed the students overcome the intimidation of working on a pump for the first time and provided an opportunity to ask questions about what they were doing. This format helped the students get a complete understanding of the operation of a high pressure pump.

As a special bonus this year the class will be taught by Chuck Welch who is the senior instructor for General Pump.

Pump Competition

After the class and hands-on time, a contest was held to see who could teardown and rebuild a General TS-2021 pump correctly in the fastest time. The winning team received prizes for each member of the ‘pit crew’. The winning pit crew consisted of Skip Jozwick, Patrick Petraccia, Robert Seiloff, and Andy Whitehead. This team was able to tear down and correctly rebuild, including the pump head torque order, the TS-2021 pump in five minutes flat. This was only the second time the individuals had attempted to teardown and rebuild a pump, and they did it correctly in only five minutes!!!

To give an example of what they were able to learn, here is what the experts did.

Allison Iron Horse Technicians and Tech School instructors Pete Case, John Allison, and Vince Troisi were coerced to compete and finished at just 4:31, but in haste, John broke a check valve and was penalized an extra 30 seconds.

Kohler Engines

In order to make sure you learn form the best, Enviorspec brought in the right people for the job. So when it comes to the instruction on engines we brought in Kohler Education Director Glenn Hamman and chief instructor Greg Dupree.

In this section Glenn first covered diagnostics of the gasoline engines and then proceeded into something a little more in depth. This involved disassembly of an 18 HP Kohler Command engine. At this time one engine per every two students was provided and the students were talked through various tasks with his guidance. This small group hands on approach gave every student an excellent analysis of the engine. After the breakdown was completed instruction was given on how to properly assemble the engine using just a paper clip and a rubber band…Just kidding we actually used the proper tools and learned how to use a torque wrench and tighten the bolts using the correct torque settings. Throughout the class Greg moved through the different groups to help them and answer any questions they had. Many of our students appreciated the opportunity this class provided to take the mystery out of small engine repair.

Burners

While it is a relatively simple system the burners have always caused the most headaches for the pressure washing contractor. Because of this we made this a major topic of the school. This lesson included classroom instruction about how an electrical circuit is set up on a pressure washer burner. All the different switches that control the operation of the burner were explained and a wiring diagram was used to show how every wire is interconnected in the circuit. Discussions on fuel pumps, blower motors, adjustments, and the differences between 12 volt and 120 volt systems followed. After the discussion we went into the shop for some more hands-on time and proceeded to break down a burner and put it back together properly. In this section various diagnostic and repair tricks that have been learned from years of practice were passed on and the reassemble went very smooth. Lessons were learned and tips were shared which in the end allowed the students to leave with enough knowledge to work on their own burner systems without any apprehension.

So if you are looking to learn all you will ever need to know about a pressure washer and more you cannot miss this class.

Don’t wait! Classes fill up quickly...Call today!

1-877-351-1238

I just signed up for the Training in June at Jekyll Island in Georgia and I was wondering who else was attending. I will probably stay in a hotel in the Brunswick area. This is about 12-miles from the island. Email me if you are also attending in June. copgib@earthlink.net

Hugh

Im going. probably not to all the classes though. Im making a vacation out of it with the wife and kids. She loves beach vacations even though she's lived 5 miles or less from the beach all her life. (Go figure)

so

Jon where are you folks staying? I have decided to stay at the Quality Inn on the Island. I just got back from there today. My wife and I where checking it out and seeing where the convention Center was. I also made my hotel reservation while I was there. Hugh

days inn, they just did a remodel there (within the last couple years anyway,) so should be nice.

Some of the comments from other travelers is that the facilities on the island are very old and shabby. Well see.

Jon, I was just there on the island this last Saturday. The buildings do look run down. I checked on a hotel on the Island that was on the water side and even the lobby smell moldy. Quality Inn where I am staying is on the other side from the ocean and was alot cleaner I thought and brighter. The convention center that the training will be at looked like a one story building and the parking lot looked very full when I went by. Overall the Island was very nice. I have heard that some guys are going to stay at the campgrounds on the island. My wife is considering coming with me after all. 50/50 chance of that happening if she can get off work. This traing should be interesting though plus you get breakfast and lunch in the deal. See you there! Hugh

Sign in to follow this