Sign in to follow this  
mas3372

Wax additive for vinyl

How do you apply wax to vinyl  

66 members have voted

1. 1. How do you apply wax to vinyl

• Add wax with house wash and apply at same time with Cold Water.
    • Add wax with house wash and apply at same time with HOT Water.
    • Apply wax after house wash with COLD water.
    • Apply wax after house wash with HOT water.

Question

I have been searching like crazy for best methods to add wax. It seems diveres that some downstream with chems and some do a separate application. Some like hot water, some like cold.

If you offer wax, please select your application method and feel free to offer what waxes you use or have used and any preferences.

Thanks.

37 answers to this question

In some cases you can add it as an extra add on and charge for it. I know some people will list it as an extra but throw it in with the wash as a "Freebie" if you sign by...

I will typically do a complete service with a house wash, I sell it as an all inclusive wash.

are people charging for wax add on .

Absolutely. Why would you give it away? Use it as an upsell.

You can also use it as Paul mentioned on your advertising or to close a sale. "FREE protective wax with the purchase of any house wash"

Actually I put a bid in on a condo project in my area last year and offered that as one of my services. I got a call from them today saying that they are ready to go with me even though I was higher, partially because I was providing the protective wax sealer with mildew retardants with my service. It should be a good job too about 20 buildings or so.

Actually I put a bid in on a condo project in my area last year and offered that as one of my services. I got a call from them today saying that they are ready to go with me even though I was higher, partially because I was providing the protective wax sealer with mildew retardants with my service. It should be a good job too about 20 buildings or so.

Paul,

What wax are you using?

Scott

Plex master, works real good and has high dilution ratios. I have been using this product for about 6 years now. I used to use it in my stationary truck wash before I sold it. It makes an excellent vehicle spray wax also because it really enhances the shine and goes a long way. Plus it doesn't build up yellow over time like some of the other spray waxes will. If you scroll down this page you can read about it.

I do not like to add wax to the wash because I believe it has a negative effect on the emulsifying properties and "cling" of my wash plus it does not cover the siding uniformly. I like to add it as a seperate step. It is simply a better method. Its like waxing your car. I think it is better to wash it and then use the spray and wipe quick wax then it is to have wax in the soap. Not that much more added time for a better job.

I simply mix it in with my house wash using cold water and the xjet all at the same time. However I do wonder if there is a better, more efficient way to do this that you actually see a tremendous difference.

Also, I was curious, does the bleach "overwrite" the wax? Or will the wax still work with bleach? (if mixed together)

Hey Mike...Rowlett's Wet Wax is great...I just add it to my cleaning solution...no need for two trips!

- John

Add it to the mix and use 110-115 dergee water. Some perfer to add it after

washing which is fine but reember it works better with warrm water, not hot.

Thanks Rod for the insight on temp. I never have gone over 110f on vinyl, but that 110 is a huge difference over 50 degree tap water. How do feel about Sodium Hypochlorite and Sodium Metasilcate effecting the wax if added together?

I always mixed it.