Sign in to follow this  
pressurewizard

Window Cleaning Pricing

Hey all - We have been asked for an estimate to clean some windows at a hospital. Its a newer hospital so no panes in the windows and they are all of different sizes so I have gotten a sq. ft. estimate for all of them combined.

Anyone have an idea as to what we might look at per sq ft. to clean exterior only. I need to get a bid back to them tomorrow a.m. Thanks for your input.

Robbie,

I don't know about what to charge but how are you going to clean them? I have seen videos of window cleaners cleaning 5 story high window wint DI water from the ground. I have a couple of tanks for di water but the job I planned on using them on fell through. With di you can clean with a brush and then rinse and your done.

Giving an estimate based on square footage of the glass really only works on store-front type glass. With this you take your height and length for each side and get your measurement which would only take a few minutes. Every hospital I've seen would be very labor intensive to measure the square footage of glass. I would bid this kind of job per pane. And by pane I mean each glass window surrounded by a frame. I would imagine this will be an outside only cleaning, so in my area you would be looking at 1.00 to 1.75 per pane no matter it's size. This price can jump much higher if there is any construction clean-up, scraping, or restoration to do. I price strip-washer and squeegee cleanings the same as water fed pole cleanings. The water fed pole may be the better route if these windows are between 3-5 storys but theres a learning curve with WFP if you've never use one before.

Thanks guys. These are all ground level windows near the entrances they want us to pressure clean. I was thinking of going with the squegee on these since no height involved. I measured them all of this a.m. while was measuring out the concrete at .04 per sq ft, but I think I may have to cut that in half to even be close to a $1 per pane.