Sign in to follow this  
suzuki98

Washing concrete

Question

16 answers to this question

Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Metasilicate, Trisodium phosphate, phosphoric, muriatic, oxalic and citric acids. Gotta know what you're doing with the acids. Keep asking questions!

Start out simple and get to know everything about what you're using. Powerstroke works well as well as R-109 and R-202 from Delco. If you mix these in hot water they work even better.

Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Metasilicate, Trisodium phosphate, phosphoric, muriatic, oxalic and citric acids. Gotta know what you're doing with the acids. Keep asking questions!

Start out simple and get to know everything about what you're using. Powerstroke works well as well as R-109 and R-202 from Delco. If you mix these in hot water they work even better.

What craig said, got to know what you are cleaning. Sometimes just water is enough, unless you have oil or other kinds of stains

Hey Craig, how's it going havent seen much of you around here. how biz

Jeff

I'm real happy with R-202 from Delco. How do you guys to the ox thing? Downstream application then rinse?

I Xjet Ox, only takes minutes and its real easy $$$$

Jeff,

There's a reason why you haven't seen me around lately! $$$$$$$$$$ :^)

I finally got a chance to surface and logged on.

Everything is GREAT and I LOVE THIS BIZ!

I'm sure your feelings are mutual!

C

i was going to start a new thread but i think this one is already helpful. i got a call today about cleaning about 3500 sq ft of concrete. i am told that this was once a transmission shop and there is oil and grease that needs to be removed. i have not seen it yet so i'm sorry that no pics are available. right now i'm trying to get a "heads up" on this and i appreciate in advance any input you guys or gals have.

thanks,

rando

Depending on how old, etc. it might have built in sump in the facility.

What they doing..turning it into a convienance store or some such?

If so, sell them on a whole package of oil removal and then diamond grind it down for them to install their new flooring...just an idea :)

can someone help out with this?

thanks,

michael

First it needs to be decided how strong you want it. Like how many oz. per gal .

Then you have to work it into what draw rate your xjet gets based on your machines gpm. Think a 4pm can get 2 gal per min. and a 5 like 1.6 gal per min. or some such.. Got to test it really.. I just flojet it on my self.

You can use the formula info found below to try and see if xjetting brighteners will be strong enough for crete :

... worked on some ratio formula here:

http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/residential-pressure-washing/10204-12-5-sh-quesiton.html

..or xjet specific here: House Wash with an X-Jet, with recipes for outstanding mixes!

okay maybe i asked the question wrong. what i meant to ask is how strong of a solution should you use on concrete? whats considered to strong? and at 6gpm how strong should my mix be in a 5g pail if i wanted to clean some rust off concrete?

Thanks again,

michael