Sign in to follow this  
ACleanerImage

What do you guys do when....

Question

What do you guys do when you have a potential customer. How long do you wait to follow-up with them? What do you say to them. How often do you call them? How many times should you leave vmails. How do you guys handle your potential customers w/o bugging them. Any examples of situation would be great. Thanks in advance.

10 answers to this question

What do you guys do when you have a potential customer. How long do you wait to follow-up with them? What do you say to them. How often do you call them? How many times should you leave vmails. How do you guys handle your potential customers w/o bugging them. Any examples of situation would be great. Thanks in advance.

I give 3 days, very similar to the infamous 3 day rule when it comes to calling a girl after a date, anything sooner to me seems a tad pushy, and anything longer seems like you forgot about them. I call them back and mention that I'm simply following up with them as I'm trying to develop a schedule for upcoming jobs and if they would like me to book them in a slot. I've never got a BAD response but some do say that they are looking for "OTHER QUOTES" meaning %10 chance of actually getting the job. No need to worry thou as this happens to me about 30% of the time but I land 50% of the call backs and the other 20% just backs out of even wanting it done. If you don't call them back and wait for them to call you, I don't know about your family but mine is awfully forgetful and loses things aka PHONE #'s meaning if your not well known your number is going to be hard to come across and they may end up going with company ABC

If you think calling a customer after 1st contact is bad, heh, NEVER go into telemarketing with cold calls, people can be down right NASTY!! but in my opinion rightfully so, I hate when they call at 8AM waking the baby and myself up,!

I usually put in the bid itself when I'll be calling back if I haven't heard from them. Say something like "Since life is quite hectic most of the time, I will

give

you a courtesy call in a few days. This way, in case you forget to schedule

your

service you'll still have the opportunity to take

advantage of the offer while it is still available."

Basically in a nutshell, think of yourself as a customer, you don't want a prospective contractor to be pushy, and you want him to be on task. So 3-4 days is adequate. Fair enough? Most questions of this nature can be answered by just putting yourself in your customers shoes. What would you want, and what would you not.

We wait for the customer to call us if I don't close the deal on site. We have been so busy without following up. I hire some help this week and might hire another one. Then we will be following up on all of the proposals.

We wait for the customer to call us if I don't close the deal on site. We have been so busy without following up. I hire some help this week and might hire another one. Then we will be following up on all of the proposals.

You have to keep that foot in the door

As soon as you remove it, your just another piece of paper to a customer