Sign in to follow this  
mas3372

Asphalt driveways

Question

Hey,

My buddy is doing a huge landscaping job for a client and his machinery has left the driveways muddy and gross. All asphalt. About 800ft2 total. He is power sweeping them and needs me to wash them. I have a steel eagle surface cleaner but am afraid it will tear up the asphalt. Any thoughts or experience. Thanks.

8 answers to this question

A customer asked me to wash her asphalt drive last week. Do not use any degreaser. It will break down the asphalt. I just needed to sweep it off and give it a good rinse. My M-5 came in handy. I was asked to reseal the drive as well. I think I may add that to my list of services... Not too much extra equipment needed, and no need for a lot of inventory.

I did one just the other day. I used a turbo from far away, and just kinda swept all of the debris away. Luckily, the drive was sloped, and everything drained away. I was cleaning clay, topsoil, grass seed, and fertalizer.

Thanks gusy for the help. It is a large area so I would like to use my surface cleaner. I do have a m5 that I would cut in with.

Any experiences with a surface cleaner on asphalt?

Mike

I could be wrong, but you are just tring to move dirt off the drive. GPM is all you need to move the dirt. I don't see what the surface cleaner will do???

I'm with Richard, sounds like you'll just be rinsing, surface cleaner and rinse has a step too many. I did one of these a few years ago in Denver, was for a small strip mall, GPM did the job.

Yeah, its just to rinse heavy dirt off. I am thinking my M5 on a wide pattern would do the trick. The shutoff valve sounds like it would work to. I think the surface cleaner will create to much mud and ruin the asphalt.

Thanks.