Sign in to follow this  
rj242

Xjet?

Question

I am getting ready to upgrade my rig from a 3.5gpm/4000psi to a 5.0-5.5gpm/ 3500-4000psi rig. The question I have is will I need to purchase a new Xjet, or will the same Xjet work with the new rig?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

RJ

8 answers to this question

I forgot a question. Will a 4000psi/5gpm machine throw a stream higher with the xjet than a 3500psi/5gpm machine?

Thanks,

RJ

Without first speaking to the xjet question....If you can manage it go with just a tad higher flow of 6gpm. You'll be way more productive on flat hard surfaces, that's if you do any of that or if you don't rely totally on surface cleaners that is.... Wand guys with 6's go way faster than I can..

I forgot a question. Will a 4000psi/5gpm machine throw a stream higher with the xjet than a 3500psi/5gpm machine?

Don't think so. Both distance and psi is a product of flow firstly. The faster the water escapes out an ever smaller orifice (psi) the more likely it will atomize (become smaller drops-aka-less mass) and loose it's kinetic energy (mass+ movement) that carries it farther into the sky. Picture it like your backing up the column of water with more water(flow) and your just pushing it. Speed is less important than the water being there behind it to begin with... The speed at which the column moves mainly effects it's trajectory...Trajectory is less important than how high the column would go if it were as example a straight up and down fountain. The obvious exception to what speed does is that gravity will collapse the collumn if there is no speed left in the column which again is subject tot he kinetic energy. (I deal with speed and trajectory in my archery hobby so I tend to understand it decent enough :) )..message is.. keep your kinetic energy intact...

With that said, you also must realize that the higher the gpm the less efficient an xjet chemical draw rate will be. Hence you got a catch 22 and are led up on the roof with straight chems or sticking with your lower flow machine... Where is Chris from Apple Roof??

Kevin,

Are you saying that xjets aren't really all that effective, with 5gpm machines?

Does anyone have a 5gpm or 5.5gpm rig and use an xjet? I would love to hear your thoughts on the subject!

5.5 gpm with an x-jet M-5 works great. 8 gpm works even better. The greater your gpm the higher the M-5 will throw your solution. Our 8 will throw solution at least 15 feet higher.

We use Xjets all the time. All you need to do is change out the metal orifice. You can order them from anyone who sells Xjet Bob from PT has them

You are probably using a 9 orifice now you'll need a 13 orifice in a 5-6gpm machine. When yoy replace orifice dont lose the little spring when you open xjet

JL

Kevin,

Are you saying that xjets aren't really all that effective, with 5gpm machines?

Does anyone have a 5gpm or 5.5gpm rig and use an xjet? I would love to hear your thoughts on the subject!

No..just going by what Xjet and others have said about loosing some of the chemical draw rate as gpm increases. You trade some chem strength for flow hence height or you don't. Is up to you.. Apparently other folk like Wesley that actually use them don't notice or mind and find the higher shooting ability more important. Is why I first mentioned higher gpm machine.

Might be important for you to consider how strong you need chems before you go switching anything. Maybe even do a measure of how much you draw now.

I started out last year with a 4 gpm machine and now have a 5 gpm. I have noticed my solution seems weaker than it was with the lower flow machine. I need to try the 13 orifice and then maybe adjust my mix to a little stronger.

I started out last year with a 4 gpm machine and now have a 5 gpm. I have noticed my solution seems weaker than it was with the lower flow machine. I need to try the 13 orifice and then maybe adjust my mix to a little stronger.

EXACTLY what you have to do!!!