David O'Connell Jr.

Credit Cards

Credit Cards !??!??!  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Credit Cards !??!??!

• No way Jose - CASH ONLY
    • Yes we take them
    • I do, but don't really advertise

David I don't take them because I am not setup for it and the business right now does not justify it. Also, I never have had a customer ask me to take a credit card yet. Hugh

I just started taking them, I use the service through Quickbooks. They have a decent rate, first 2 months free, free set up and most important no early termination fee and no equipment lease.

I only take them because I think the visa/mastercard logos on my biz cards and in my ads lend me creditability. I have yet to have anyone want to use a card.

PS if you do it don't take Discover or Amex.

Yes, we take them thru paypal on my website. Some people have to finance everything and some do it for the "rewards", be it air mile points, cash back, etc. We are in a service industry, so we need to service our customers.

I am doing a small test right now. I have ran an ad in the local weekly paper without any credit card logos. For the next two weeks, I will add the cc logo and see what the response is. I don't know what it will really tell me, but I will see how the customers pay and maybe I can figure it out.

Terry

Terry

I accept credit cards. Mostly because my mother-in-law has a children's boutique, and I just call her up and have her punch in the card number. Always be sure it goes through; its crazy how many people have no clue if they're anywhere near maxed out. I personally have two cards I use for everything possible. I ALWAYS pay the full bill every month to avoid interest. In one month I cashed in over $200 in points at a ticketmaster. Can't beat free money.

I prefer EFT/internet banking which many clients also prefer, other wise I take cheque (I know where they live and have only had one bounce in 4 1/2 years - and they where very apologetic - even paying the bounced cheque bank fee) or cash (although the "discount/no tax for cash" get's wearying). A few people ask to pay with CC, but understand that I'm a very small business and can't justify the costs.