Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

More wood than PW.

Question

This one was a challenge. 3 different levels, plus a dock over water.

Too much wood to fit in the lens. Wood is on the rise!!! Pw is holding it's own though.

post-1033-137772178748_thumb.jpg

post-1033-137772178755_thumb.jpg

post-1033-137772178762_thumb.jpg

17 answers to this question

Her are a few more.

Already picking up more work from the neighbors around the lake.

oh yeah...... the snakes are out in full force.

Keep those snakebite kits handy just in case!!!

post-1033-137772178774_thumb.jpg

post-1033-137772178781_thumb.jpg

post-1033-137772178788_thumb.jpg

I always have to resize the pics from the camera to this site and it really does look much better fully pixelated to the point of that angelic glow.

But what the hey, there ya go.

ILMDXTR

PEACE THROUGH SONIC DISTORTION

Brushed and padded the sides. Lake level is crazy, one day up, the next day down. This project had lots of challenges including consoling the customer as well. They were very conerned, which I completely understand. But, now they have a contractor for life.......Me. They are very pleased. My name will be floating around the lake for a while. Get it? floating....... get it. ahahahahahahahahahahah. Actually had to move the boat for them and it was an awesome boat. It looked pretty cool hooked up to Magilla.

post-1033-137772178805_thumb.jpg

Adrian,

Man, that is a lot of wood. Nice job, like the color of the stain on that PT.

Great house, nothing like living on the water with your boat out the back door. Too bad its not salt water!

It was Bakers Super cedargold from Shane. I think he felt sorry for me for being on such large challenging project with just a rookie helper. He kept checking in on me with life saving tips. But I think this experience will only add to my professionalism in the field on other projects that are sure to come from this area. Ain't no small anything in these parts. Everybody likes BIG.

They like to outdo each other with curb... er... lake appeal.

Forgot to mention that the customer also wanted the underside of the upper deck stained as well, which meant that I had to build what I call a "Shane Room" of poly around the deck and patio floor. Whew, I need a way better respirator. My helper was wabbling around from the fumes, and he was outside the Shane room. Like I said there weres a few challenges. but I really owe my belt an extra notch for this one.

Looks awesome! Gotta love the horzionals!

I got a call the other day from a guy who wanted a dock estimate. No problem with $$$ in my eyes. Go there and it was an HOA community dock with 20 LARGE boat slips, not counting 120 x 6 feet of walkway, a 10 x 10 landing, and a 14 x 14 gazebo. I conservatively figured 70 gal of stain but padded the pricing just in case. Been about a week and I haven't heard from him yet. God I hate self-administered HOA's.

Terry

Looks awesome! Gotta love the horzionals!

I got a call the other day from a guy who wanted a dock estimate. No problem with $$$ in my eyes. Go there and it was an HOA community dock with 20 LARGE boat slips, not counting 120 x 6 feet of walkway, a 10 x 10 landing, and a 14 x 14 gazebo. I conservatively figured 70 gal of stain but padded the pricing just in case. Been about a week and I haven't heard from him yet. God I hate self-administered HOA's.

Terry

I sure hope you get it Terry. That sounds like great project.

Keep us posted.

Forgot to mention that the customer also wanted the underside of the upper deck stained as well, which meant that I had to build what I call a "Shane Room" of poly around the deck and patio floor. Whew, I need a way better respirator.

It's the best room in the house :cool:

Adrian....man that's a nice project. I know you feel great!

Wood is good, bro.

Keep at it...

/neil

It's funny how we almost bidded the same project but there was no way i could have started and completed it in 2 weeks.I thought it was a good job for AC to have even if he was higher than me :D. Well atleast the customer was able to the Gray Away he called me for in the first place.

There is SOO much wood out there i have no problems sharing either with the contractors who do good work! :cool:

There is a butt load of work out in that area. I look forward to having alot.

I think it is probably lung capacity that makes me higher than you though Shane. ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.kidding!!!!!! Well, I learned from the best. I was around 1200.00 higher than your bid. but the customer was under serious time restrictions and I actually had less than a week's window to get it done. Started last Thurs, Sprayed on Mon., touched up and collected on Wed.

Hopefully, ( my goal) soon, no one will be able to tell whether it was Woodsavers

or ABC who did the resto. Shanes the best teacher out there in my opinion.

Joining the dark side has increased my profits, and Princess Leah never looked so good. Sorry.... coffee has not kicked in yet.

Adrian....man that's a nice project. I know you feel great!

Wood is good, bro.

Keep at it...

/neil

I do feel good about it Neil, thx bro, and now have some ammo and experience for the next big one. I actually feel like the Judas priest song Desert Plains......... ( my body aches, but I'll not rest)