Sign in to follow this  
yazbird8

Wolmans Extreme Removal

Question

I cannot remove this stuff from a customers deck..It is 3 years old and in great condition on the verticals but is wearing and cracking on the horizontals....I tried HD-80 full strenght and let dwell for 45 minutes and nothing happened...The customer is desperate to get this off and will replace the decking if I can't help them....I need something that is garuanteed to remove it......This "Extreme" is one tuff sealer......

Stephen Andrews

Power Washing

Home & Property

Care & Maintenance

14 answers to this question

I have photos (camera is in my van) and will post tomorrow.........Tonight I go to see Roger Waters in concert at the Continental Arena (NJ Nets home).............Yippee...

Stephen Andrews

Power Washing

Home & Property

Care & Maintenance

It's acrylic. HD alone is not as good on that particular finish, been there, done that. You need to either boost the HD, or use a true acrylic remover. We add the 633 ADD from ACR Products to our HD to remove tough things.

Beth

Tonight I go to see Roger Waters in concert at the Continental Arena (NJ Nets home).............Yippee...

Stephen Andrews

Power Washing

Home & Property

Care & Maintenance

Thread hijack----

went to see roger waters last week with my 14 year old. great concert. Except when he does one of his own songs about how much Tony Blair and GW are warmongers. Freaking Hippie.

Excelent music though. he hasnt lost a step or his voice like some of these old musicians.

I had a deck that boosted HD-80 wouldn't work on (it could have been that it was so cold at the time) and I used Flood striper that worked. The only thing is is that it will foam forever and it's very hard to neutralize, and it's $25 a gallon, but it worked for me.

Looks like I'll pass on this job....I'm not into self torture and/or wasted time and lab project experimentation.......Lets close the book on this one..........Thanks all

Stephen Andrews

Power Washing

Home & Property

Care & Maintenance