Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Sure we can fit it in!!!!!!!!!

Question

Man it just is kind of funny sometimes what customer think. Some of you big companies I just dont know how you do it. Im just getting used to running 2-3 jobs at the same time. I'm not complaining but it does get somewhat crazy

We have jobs on top of jobs but last week I get a call from a GM. We do his 10 story parking garage twice a year about 95K sq ft, we do all floors in the winter and in the spring we only do the bottom 5 floors. Well he calls me Thursday night last week at 9:45PM. We have him scheduled for this week tomorrow. He says hey can you go look at this other hotel for another GM. He says this guy needs a RUSH job, for an upcoming inspection. I tell him I'll look at it. He says they need it done this Tuesday for inspection Wed. I tell him I might not be able to do his parking garage if I have to do this other project. I ask him what he wants his or this other guys. He says " Oh do the other guys and do mine NEXT week " WELLLLLLLL Im booked until August

I look at it and its 22 story hotel and they need 20 stories worth of walkways done in front of the units, need to cover lights, key card doors, fire alarms, elevators etc etc. I tell the guy a price he says do it!!!

call the other GM tell him and he says when you going to do mine. I said the same time. The GM says " You guys sure can pressure wash the **** out of things" YES WE CAN ....:juggle:

This is just one of the many calls and jobs we have stacking up. Hell I shut my phone off to take my kids to the doctor, I turn it back on and I have 4 messages from PM's 2 of them aare rush jobs too:lgkick:

But Damn it we are getting it done. Tomorrow we roll out our newest rig and rock & roll with it.

Got to love this PW biz

Life is good

Jeff

6 answers to this question

It is crazy. We get calls 3-5 days in advance of when the customer needs the work done by and then they get all pissey cause they cannot find someone to make their schedule because we are all booked out 6+ weeks.

Rod!~

I always try to leave a little "wiggle room" in my schedule - usually Fridays - for the "I-MUST-have-the-work-done-before-the-weekend-open-house/family-reunion" customer. It usually fills-up, but if it doesn't, I have a little time to catch-up on paperwork/maintenance.

How's the housing market there Jeff? I think I wanna move to Myrtle Beach... LOL Seems there is plenty of work there and that Pressure washing is an accepted service.

Lots to clean here but people seem to draw a blank stare when you tell them that you can clean thier building.

Get while the gettin' is good Jeff. Put away for rainy days.

How's the housing market there Jeff? I think I wanna move to Myrtle Beach... LOL Seems there is plenty of work there and that Pressure washing is an accepted service.

Lots to clean here but people seem to draw a blank stare when you tell them that you can clean thier building.

Get while the gettin' is good Jeff. Put away for rainy days.

Rainy day for sure.

Come on down we need a real good saleman that can PW. we have some real highend neighborhoods that would be great for your service.

You know I look at the main blvd and it is so dirty and I try to sell maint. cleaning or even just a one time clean and theres a lot of blank stares here too or they just say WTF that much $$$$ This 22 story building hasnt cleaned much of anything in a couple years and its only because they have a corp inspection that they are doing this RUSH job.

We got the rush job done took 14 hours, we had to cover so much stuff with plastic & tape what a PITA, it was a long day. My other crew got 3/4's of a 2 day project done in 9 - 10 hours with the help of Christian from Pressure Works ( Thanks Christian!!!)

Plus got that big PITA project with all the awnings, now just got to figure out when the heck we fit that in. Start a large complex today too. Its going to be tough with one of my trucks getting in a wreck

Aint nothing JL cant handle LOL

I have the same here, booked out till August and when I have to say to people that you'll have to wait till August they don't belive it. Have been working 7 days a week for the last 2 months or so, and my busiest time is just coming up, 2 decks to strip, loads of patios, drive etc, couple of decking maint. wash and oils, endless amounts of furniture, still working on my own but it's getting close to needing help, but not complaining.

The weather has just turned this last week, RAIN, so have a 2nd storey deck waiting to be sealed, a patio in need of a re-point and some furniture waiting oiling :bluecry: