Sign in to follow this  
cwarrior

More x-jet advice

Question

I am looking for some help with the x-jet:

- I use a 3500psi, 5 gpm unit- The x-jet sucks up a lot of chemical. I use 1.5 gal of 10% chlorine, liquid soap, and 4 gal water in my mixture. Shouls I try using a proportioner to reduce the amount of mixture I use? Which one should I use?

- I also have a 4 gpm, 3500 psi unit. Which size orifice should I use when using this unit- 9 or 13?

- My M-5 x-jet will nit close all the way when trying to spray at close range. Can it be fixed?

Thanks!

Mark

Santa Rosa Beach, Fl.

12 answers to this question

I never even figured out how those proportioners fit in the thing. Just mix it the way you want it , or how it works best for ya and shoot. I mainly use mine for strong dilutions or high stuff. Down stream the rest. I think you just get use to not turning those adjustable nozzels down too far.

I am looking for some help with the x-jet:

- I use a 3500psi, 5 gpm unit- The x-jet sucks up a lot of chemical. I use 1.5 gal of 10% chlorine, liquid soap, and 4 gal water in my mixture. Shouls I try using a proportioner to reduce the amount of mixture I use? Which one should I use?

- I also have a 4 gpm, 3500 psi unit. Which size orifice should I use when using this unit- 9 or 13?

- My M-5 x-jet will nit close all the way when trying to spray at close range. Can it be fixed?

Thanks!

Mark

Santa Rosa Beach, Fl.

4 gpm use a 9 and 5 gpm I would use a 13

If the head of M5 doesnt open or close to a full fan , you can buy just the black head which has the fan in it. I buy a dozen at a time at $21 or $23 each. We have several Xjets and I like to have a nice fan for close work

I never even figured out how those proportioners fit in the thing. Just mix it the way you want it , or how it works best for ya and shoot. I mainly use mine for strong dilutions or high stuff. Down stream the rest. I think you just get use to not turning those adjustable nozzels down too far.

Take the hose off the barbed fitting and the proportioner slides up into the barbed fitting.

I have never tried x-jetting, and I am glad I listened to folks like Ken about downstreaming. The downstreamer that came with my troy-bilt 4.0/3800 psi machine is a pathetic 19:1. Still with 3.5 gallons of 12.5%, surfactant and TSP - I was able to clean a 2600 sq. ft home and deck and detached garage by myself, wheeling around the pressure washer *not stationary on a trailer* in 2 hours. Sure I had to soap 2 sides, go back and reapply and then triple up on some bad spots. But even with that *weak* downstreaming ration - it still kicked off all the mildew and grime with more dwell. If anything it wasn't holding me up - kicking the heavy pressure washer around and untangling hoses all the time far exceeded the time needed for chems to dwell. And oh yes - not one micron of damaged vegetative matter! And no chems misting the neigborhood - had an 0030 tip. Downstreaming 4-EVA!!!!!

downstreaming and x-jetting both have a time and place. personally I like the x-jet, it shoots out some chemical for sure ... that's what I like, let it sit for 3 -4 min. rinse it off with low pressure ... every bit of it (dirt/mildew)comes off ...

Love my Xjet, 300-600 ft of hose a downstreamer just wont work. we shoot a ton of chem every day and thats what the Xjet is great for. less dwell time and we move right to the next condo building. No dead plants either with the xjet, just got to know how to use it

I figure whatever tool works best. we've done hundreds of multi unit buildings this year and havent got a single complaint about plants.

Got to love this biz, so many options to work with

M5 = $140

Jeff's dozen replacement pieces = $276

The look on Jeff's face when he finally realizes downstreaming is more efficient and much cheaper than X-Jetting = TOTALLY priceless

Jeff, just ragging on ya. Check out the new "feeder" pump E-spec has for downstreaming. Should work with any length of hose.

Old story....Can't teach an old dog new tricks

Plus Bob PT and others have said I'll have problems often if I try to downstream with 300-600 ft of hose. i dont like problems. I dont have a lot of mechanical people on my crews so less problems the better.

I also use 1/4 hose & barbs on my xjet and the chem mix is stronger and with the 1/4inch hose it doesnt get sucked out of the bucket half as quick. It works real well for us and Xjet is idiot proof

Maybe someday I'll set up a residential rig with downstreamer

Love my XJET SSSSSSSSSS

M5 = $140

Jeff's dozen replacement pieces = $276

The look on Jeff's face when he finally realizes downstreaming is more efficient and much cheaper than X-Jetting = TOTALLY priceless

Jeff, just ragging on ya. Check out the new "feeder" pump E-spec has for downstreaming. Should work with any length of hose.

Ken, you paying to much for Xjets

replace the black head of xjet every once in a while for $21 so I always have a good fan.

I like to get ragged on, keep it coming