Sign in to follow this  
BB Pressure

Streaks

Question

I've searched about streaks but I need to know about the mix I'm using. I'm having problems with windows streaking. My house wash is:

12% - gallon

dawn - 1 cup

zip car wash & wax - 1 cup

water - 4 gallons

Should I use Cascade or change someting.

Thanks!

9 answers to this question

Inadequate rinsing and/or hard water are usually the culprits here. That mix shouldn't streak considering the afore mentioned are not an issue.

Jeff

Maybe the cascade you mentioned, or experiment with Borax a little, as I believe it helps soften water and will possibly allow for cleaner rinsing.

Jeff

Rando is right. Use a professional mix. They usually have rinse aids in them and they clean houses better than what you are using. The right chemicals are synergistic with sodium hypochlorite. Ditch the Dawn, you don't need it.

Rando is right. Use a professional mix. They usually have rinse aids in them and they clean houses better than what you are using. The right chemicals are synergistic with sodium hypochlorite. Ditch the Dawn, you don't need it.

Ditch the dawn......oh my god

He's already using car wash. No need for both soaps.

Jeff, you can't ditch it though, I own stock in Proctor and Gamble. The stock would get devalued if you stopped using apple blossom. (Jeff and a housewife in Indiana are the two users that keep the brand going)

if the sun dries it on you may have to brush it then rinse, oxidized paint around window frames can cause it too. dont know why ur using car wax in ur house wash, that could cause the prob too.

i use bleach and liquid laundry detergent it rinses away every time except when its uper hot, try to rinse it before it has a chance to "'bake"' on.