Sign in to follow this  
Chappy

ESpec's school

Question

I just got back from ESpecs school on Jekyll Island. Wanted to give Paul Kassander, John Allison and Richard K. kudos for putting on the school. The cost of the school probably barely covered the expense of the convention center and trucking in all the equipment they brought. Great info, great time meeting others, Learned as much from the other PWers as the classes, But isnt that the Idea behind round tables?

There were guys there that had been in business from 1 year to 30 years.

Anyone considering going in the future, take the family. Jekyll is a nice, relaxing place and a great place for some downtime after a hectic season.

4 answers to this question

We will be posting some pictures in the next week or so, I have been a little busy trying to catch back up.

The school was a great event, it was a real pleasure to meet everyone who attended. I think everyone was impressed by the small footprint high volume concept machines that John developed. For those of you who missed them I will be bringing them to the Michigan round table.

From the feedback that I have received so far seemed as though everyone learned a lot, Chuck from general pump did an awesome job on pump rebuilds and unloaders. Greg from Kohler offered some superior engine instruction. The burner and equipment design classes offered a lot of help as well. Everyone also seemed to appreciate the displays to really get a hands on understanding of the parts.

Like Jon said, the time away just talking to the other contractors was informative as well. Even the guys with less than a year had some good insight to add.

The class seemed to go very well and we are contemplating doing another in the fall. We'll keep you updated.

Thank you everyone, we could not have done this without your support and thirst for knowledge, you have made our profession that much better.

I would have to second Jon's comments. I attended the classes held at Jekyll Island. My wife came with me and she enjoyed relaxing during the day while I was in class. The classes and instructor were very good and the information we recieved was great. I would recommend that anyone who needs or wants to know more about how their equipment operates or wants to do their own maintence and repairs, attend the next class that will be held. If the class topics ever change, I will attend it again myself. Great class and thanks to everyone that was involved in making it so great! Hugh