Sign in to follow this  
MelissaMW

I wanted to say ...

Question

I just wanted you all to know I've not dropped off the face of the earth. I've been busy with the Holidays (As has everyone else) and also been doing a little bit of traveling, trying to get end of year stuff done, along with what I have to do all the time, and gather things for the accountant at the end of the year.

Even if ya'll don't miss me (who wouldn't miss me? hahaha) Just wanted to touch base, say Hi, what's up and hope everyone is doing good!

We've been doing some maintenance on the trucks and things like that while the weather's been too cold to work. Going to be getting her relettered too. There's just certain temps we won't work in, don't want to get the customers all jacked off or mess up our equipment. Even though I know there are some that will work in the 'extreme' colds, we don't.

I'm hoping to soon be able to get some work done on web sites so I can post a URL or two for you all to see. I'm a little bit shy at showing what I've done.

Anyone here going, or ever go to, the International Waste Haulers convention that goes on in Nashville, Tn. every year? We'll be going this year, looking at new pumps, and dreaming of buying one of those cool "suck trucks" hahaha. Main reason is for contacts of pump sellers though. We already have the one in the truck, and one that my husband has had specially made and souped up, but we want a spare "Just incase".

Anyhow, I trust everyone is doing well and getting at least some business during these cold months, for those that are in the states that it gets cold. For those that are in the states to work year round, I hope you're busy!

Melissa

12 answers to this question

Hi Melissa,

Glad you came up for air. I was wondering where you had gotten off to. Look forward to reading more from you soon. Also looking forward to seeing that URL. ;) It's most likely alot better than you think it is. We're our own worst critics so they say.

Beth

Melissa it is not good for you to stay away this long.

Out of sight, out of mind but that surely would not apply to you, welcome back we miss your postings.

Beth what must we do to get her to post her picture?

Jon

Hello Melissa,

Glad to see you back!

Yes we went to the show in Nashville a couple times. Huge show for the really Big ticket stuff.

What type of pump are you guys using and want a spare of? Do you guys do that much water pick-up to need a Vac-Truck?

Dave Olson

True Mike, and if I recall there was a really cute one in a movie a few years back too.

So do you believe that is her MIKE?

Ok, I'll post a pic. HAhahaha. It's from last year around this time, I think. I just know it was cold out and snow on the ground. I look somewhat the same, little thinner, hair a little longer, but it'll give you a general idea! I have to post it in another thread, can't figure out how to get a picture onto this.

As far as pumps go, I believe we have a general pump in the truck now, I can't remember!

We're not going to look at the Vac trucks, although I do find them cool to look at and would love to be in that business. We actually rent to someone that's in that business, their trucks are nice as HELL. So, if the need came up for one we could be hooked up. (No, we don't put out that much water to have to get that type of equipment! LOL)

At the convention they also have contacts there for pressure washing needs. It's why we're going, since he's in the market for a new pump. He just wants to see what's available out there and make a decision on what he wants to get.