Sign in to follow this  

Got a new truck to pull the rig with. A new Tundra with the 5.7 v8. I have to keep looking in the mirrors to make sure the trailers back there it pulls so easy. Decent on gas too. City and highway combined with pulling the trailer im getting 15 mpg. Only 1500 miles on it so far so it's not broke in yet. For any thinking about getting a new truck, I suggest taking the Tundra for a test drive.

post-2570-137772183711_thumb.jpg

post-2570-137772183728_thumb.jpg

SWEET!!

15mpg?..no way man!!. really?.. Are you able to run it with trailer on the whole time during a tank run down and then calculate it for us on the fillup?

When I almost bought one the stated mpg detered me. Do want one though...

I got 13.8 on a tank when I pulled the trailer the entire way. The truck only had 400 miles on it then, so I imagine if I were to do that now I would get better. I'll let ya know. Kevin, what do you remember the mileage as being that scared you? This is the 5.7 6speed 4x2 and the sticker says 16 to 21 if I remember correctly. I'm already doing better then I was in my frontier.

Was more like 13mpg a couple model years ago..don't even think it was a 4x4 as that was not what I was wanting. I ended up going the small engine in the quad ram and I get 13.8 without tuneup. Trailer is on all the time. It likely go back up to 15mpg as when new if I change plugs, etc...

I just couldn't justify the 24.5k best price for the Tundra compared to the 17.1k for the Dodge when incentive time rolls around.

Man...must be nice to not need a 4x4. My 07 FX4 stickered at 36,200. Worth every penny. The door said 14-18 mpg. Around town I get about 14...with a trailer and full load, around 10...on the highway, I averaged 23 on a 250 mile leg on our vacation to Myrtle Beach, SC about 2 months ago.

The mileage thing is inaccurate. Sometimes it says 2 mpg, sometimes it says 50 mpg...all depends. I always average the mpg when I get gas. Total miles divided by gallons put in.

David, Who don't need a 4x4?..let's string them up... :)

I have an Xterra to play in. Could do the Rubicon trail with it if not for wanting to keep it pretty. My lady drives it actually most the time and I get it for hunting and fishing...

The computer in my truck is pretty darn accurate and sensitive in seeing the real time mpg. It reflects all the little changes of accelerating or coasting up and down the hills. When drafting behind semi's I can see when I am in the sweet spot or not..Fun to play around with out on the hwy but it all goes out the window in city traffic.

And I thought any self respecting person would buy a Ford. Who buys a work truck that hauls a trailer and expects good mileage?

ok, what is the mileage today, in the REAL p/u truck ?

... it will improve, abt 80k miles, when things get settled in...

I'll bet there's little difference between empty and pulling your rig, with that F-450 !

I can not imagine why any individual working in the trades would buy anything BUT a Ford F series.

There is a mini - dvd flying around out there, that shows the difference between the F series and others. It is obvious.

Ford is built to work, others, well, must be for something else...

F-150, 109k, loaded for work every day. No probs, minimal maintenance.

r

If the trade doesn't involve getting rattled all to heck on the North slope then that is when... Quad Ram-62k never in the shop yet. Could use some shocks about now though..

ps- all them greenbacks saved is another reason.. :)