Sign in to follow this  
squirtgun

controversial sports topic

Question

Hey John T,

I though since you brought it up,I would ask the question.

---Does Pete Rose belong in the Baseball Hall of Fame?---

Yes,yes,yes.I know he gambled on the game,I know it's against the rules.However,this man was one of the all time greats of the game.Look at the statistics he racked in his career.That alone should get him in.

10 answers to this question

Absolutely Pete should be in the Hall of Fame -- posthumously. It is a lifetime ban, after all. His Hall credentials are unassailable, and the induction eligibility rule was changed after the fact. And, yes, that means Shoeless Joe (who has more fame than a good number of those already in) should be in today.

But Pete should not under any circumstances be allowed back in baseball. Not now. Not ever. Not in any form. Sorry Pete.

Brian Welker

Great Panes Window Cleaning

Under Pressure Cleaning, Inc.

Statesboro, GA

As I was reading I knew what I would post. Brian, it was great to see your post. Pete should go only after Shoeless Joe Jackson goes in. Shoeless Joe was only accused and no "real" proof. Pete has confessed. I too am sorry, until Shoeless Joe goes-NO to Pete! I do think they both deserve to be there and should be.

Pete Rose belongs in the WHAT, oh Lairs Hall of Shame, YES he belongs there!

No not in the Baseball Hall of Frame.

He stated he wants to clean the slate and state again so I ask what part of the slate was cleaned by the Baseball commissioners when they said YOUR OUT FOREVER?

He is addicted to gambling and lying.

Sorry he has not been a player I like, I also never liked how he would intentionally plow into second baseman like he was playing football.

Can we just open the lid and push him in then flush him away? Might as well ad Kobe and OJ in there too, room enough for those types.

Based on his baseball accomplishment alone he should be in, but he was banned for life. The day he dies should be the day he is allowed in. Don't allow him to make any more money off his name. He's a scumbag who is using baseball to generate more money. What type of guy admits to a 14-year lie in a book that is released the same week as that years Hall of Fame class is introduced?

I believe Pete Rose should be allowed into the Hall OF Fame and Shoeless Joe Jackson(Say in aint so Joe) should never be allowed in.

Reason is that Joe Jackson took the Money to help throw the World Series. Unless if they ever prove that Pete Rose actually had games fixed then he deserves to get in.

The problem that Pete Rose has is that he broke that sacred Cardinal Sin of gambeling on the game itself. Still if he didn't fix any games then he still gets in.

Also I am biased because I loved Pete Rose as a player. Nobody in any sport have I ever seen give it his all Like the way Charlie Hustle did.

Yes it has other factors, why he is begging and pretending to be clean now.

That and he needs more money to gamble with.

I still say NO deal.

Now after he is gone, I would think his family would try to benefit from that.

Professional Sport players today are pretty much soley driven by Money so they can do whatever they want. Thats just the way it is.

Micheal Jordan probably gambled alot more then Pete Rose ever did. If they keep Pete out then they should probably look at alot of other players in other Sports and possibly throw them out of there respective Halls.

Here's a list of people who I would never kick out but anyone could make an arguement that they should go.

1-OJ Simpson

2- Mohammed Ali who wouldn't help defend our country when called to service

3-Lawrence Taylor for Smoking Crack with Kids of the street,Sending Hookers to other players and probably gambled like crazy

4-Ty Cobb- among many other reasons such as beating up a Handicapp person at a game and also possibly Murdering someone.

etc.etc.etc.