Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Dirt Daubbers(sp)

Question

How is everyone cleaning dirt daubbers I just got a rush job on a high end house 4000sq ft in the richest area around here. I looked at house and new i was going to get good money. And then I doubled my price because they have approx 100 DIRT DAUBBERS on many areas of house, its brick & Dryvit and most DD are 20 to 25 ft high

I usually use good house wash mix and spray a few times and rinse with some careful pressure and then I will use a fairly soft truck brush and work on the daubbers and rinse

Anybody have a great way to tackle these dirt daubbers, any new and improved methods

I also got the driveway. I charged more than I ever have before for sq feet I went $.15, its going to be a nice job, but a PITA with the Daubbers

I'm trying to only do residential that pays well, I'm learning Ken & Mike

I love the front entry of this house its double doors and total its about 25 ft up with some beautiful wood. I saw that door and I said if they can afford the door they can afford to pay top dollar, I'm telling you I love this entry way, its real pretty. I don't know how much it cost but i bet its at least around 20K

Give me you dirt daubber cleaning methods....please

Thanks Jeff

9 answers to this question

I have yet to find anything that will remove the stain that remains after removing the daub (?). I wonder if a spray can of similar color paint might be the answer.

I haven't tried this myself, but I've heard borax works great for removing the stains. I would be careful trying it on dryvit that has been painted instead of having the pigment mixed into the top layer.

Jeff,

I concur with James.

I would suggest an extension pole.

Take the pole and knock off the nests dry.You can really scrape them off well.

The stain may linger but it beats getting 4" away to remove the whole structure with the wand.

My own humble opinion.

Knock 'em dead.

Jeff,

xjet a 50/50 h20 sh mix on the spots AFTER you wash. Scrape if you like (eye protection). But spot spritzing the stains 50/ 50 should work. just leave it on and get your check. Watch your water temp on that dryvit it can disintegrate with heat and pressure. Sometimes the daubber stain seap into the painted surface. Pretty much the same method of removal for the red clay stains the east side of the nation has. Then clean it annually.

what i usally do four wood and stucco is spray all purpose cleaner on the dirt daubbers take a brush harder than a truck wash brush scrub them off then wash the house looks like new!!!

Jeff

How did this go for you.

I got to bid one with the same thing.

I will try what these guys said.

Better than I expected. I'd say 95% came off completely and the rest we got down to a slight stain left on some spot

We knocked them down dry, applied chem a few times when needed. We also soft brushed many and that worked well. We used simple cherry & 12% a little strong when we brushed

I was happy and the homeowner was too. I told her they cant wait 2 years next time, eventually it will ruin areas of her dryvit