Sign in to follow this  
keepinitclean

Costa Rican Teak Deck - ReadySeal or Woodtux

Question

7 answers to this question

Amy,

Teak is indigenous to Asia and is produced primarily in India, Burma, Indonesia, and Thailand. Never heard of teak from the Caribbean. The wood may be something else, possibly similar to teak. Just like wood marketed as "Phillipine Mahogany" which is not anything close to true mahogany at all.

In six years in this business, have never seen a true teak deck let alone worked on one. The following picture is plantation grown Burmese teak furniture stained with Ready Seal light brown.

teak2007web.jpg

I have done many furniture projects (teak) with RS and have tried WT last year. I prefer RS on teak. I have sets of furniture done every other year for the past 10 years.

Amy,

Teak is indigenous to Asia and is produced primarily in India, Burma, Indonesia, and Thailand. Never heard of teak from the Caribbean. The wood may be something else, possibly similar to teak. Just like wood marketed as "Phillipine Mahogany" which is not anything close to true mahogany at all.

In six years in this business, have never seen a true teak deck let alone worked on one. The following picture is plantation grown Burmese teak furniture stained with Ready Seal light brown.

teak2007web.jpg

Hey Rick how you been?

Hey Jeff,

Throwing darts at a Hillary picture right now, I'm doing just fine. Rumor has it that you are endorsing Ron Paul for President! Finally saw the light? Kidding of course.

After a week lull, the wood business has picked up again which is great as August is usually a slow month. Hope it lasts through October.

I should come down there this winter to learn condo/building cleaning from the KING. The market is wide open here in my area with a ton of opportunity. But I must have some kind of genetic defect, just can't find any enthusiasm for cleaning vinyl or concrete. There is just something different about wood....