Sign in to follow this  
4000psi

Chem source?

Question

Where do you guys get your chemicals? Do I need any lisences to use particular chemicals? I have been using Clorox and Suds for a year now but I would like to branch out and get to know this business a lot better.

Also, What sites can you recomend and any other sources you have gathered over your PW careers to help you advanse?

Thanks for you input.

23 answers to this question

why not? what about large wall faces ie. grocery stores, apartments, etc. with stains and residue, mildew... Chems cut time and effort.

If you jump in the shower with no soap and no shampoo, all you did was rinse.

No soap or shampoo, then just turn up the pressure and the temperature, then you'll be clean, right????

You'll be cleaner than when you got in BUT.......

You can do just about anything with the right amount of HCL, water, neutralizer, surface cleaner adjustment and reclaim. I wouldn't recommend it for everyone- takes a lot of time to learn. It definately has its applications.

Otherwise I use products from:

Delco

Eacochem

V-Seal

I can also say that if you use the right products the most psi you'll ever need to clean is about 1500.

Hey 4000,

I was using my HD 2500 2.5g excel yesterday for a small project and had my pressure gauge stuck on it... it showed 1100psi with the tip I had selected and worked just fine w lite chem application and short pre-soak... but I did miss the increased gpm's of my larger machine.

Please support the TGS vendors.

They've got it all !

They all have FAQ's, good product descriptions and info presentations that will help you select the proper chems for your tasks.

The SEARCH function here on TGS is very helpful, too.

r

Do you guys all use clorox for residential mildew removal (which is what we mainly do around here) or do you use more expencive house wash? And, if I was to use more expensive detergent on residential homes, how would I be able to compete with everyone else who use the clorox?

The prob here is there is a gazilion guys with pressure washers cleaning houses for cheap. So if I have this expensive detergent i would have to charge more and that would not get me any work.

yes guess you have never be on pressure tek web site it is a great product maybe some guys that know more about it will speak up

The site does not say what is in it, and I did not see an MSDS listed either.

Are you using a chemical and not know what is in it? Basic safety is knowing the MSDS for what you are using. Part of this is what are the main ingredients.

we use simple cherry which you use 8oz for x-jeting it cost 1.50 for 8oz . and we use a 1 1/2 gal of 12 % . which around 5.00 for 5gals. and this stuff works

Can I use simple cherry with clorox? And do you just mix the SC with the 12% and down streem it or do you dilute the SC in water mix with 12% then DS?