Sign in to follow this  
quickestimate

What's wrong with this guy ? ....

Question

112 answers to this question

He's trying to educate "our" customers?.. Is that you saying they aint his customers also? Maybe there customers of every member of these bbs...

Nothing wrong with sites linking to one another, is done all the time..is encouraged as long as your not making false claims on them. Internet is all about sharing and information dissemination.

Tricks and problems?... are you serious?..what magic trick did you come up with and forgot to patent?

The guys site looks good..good for him...maybe if anything, you should worry about his pricing listed on front page or put energy into building your business up in some similar fashion.

Sorry..I don't see anything wrong with the guy and but I do with your first post grievance.

oh but hey..welcome to the site.. enjoy!! :)

That's not my website . He have one cheap machine with 2600 PSI All his stuff is in the trunk of his SUV . His prices are very low and he is trying to exchange his services for goods on Craigslist. I'm in business since late 80' and I don't need our (his , mine , yours ) customers educated this way . I lost few customers because I didn't use chemicals they read about on some PW forum. I received some complains about his terrible job too . In his opinion high pressure is all what he needs . Anyway .... I hope he will see what harm his work , prices and links are doing to all of us here in SE MI .

Thanks

Education is our best defense. Educate the customers why we do what we do and how we do it. Most have a variation of the same method using different chemicals and pressures but the results are the testament to their experience.

Rod!~

That's not my website . He have one cheap machine with 2600 PSI All his stuff is in the trunk of his SUV . His prices are very low and he is trying to exchange his services for goods on Craigslist. I'm in business since late 80' and I don't need our (his , mine , yours ) customers educated this way . I lost few customers because I didn't use chemicals they read about on some PW forum. I received some complains about his terrible job too . In his opinion high pressure is all what he needs . Anyway .... I hope he will see what harm his work , prices and links are doing to all of us here in SE MI .

Thanks

So you compete with him...

Beth

Quicky, you need to fill out your signature, it's required on this site.

I'm wandering why, if your as established as you say you are, are you so worried about this one fly by night guy? I've been in that area of Mich and I've had a chance to work up there and these guys are a dime a dozen. Why would this one guy even bother you? If you've been in business since 1980 I would think you have a huge customer base of loyal customers. Newsflash....if you're loosing customers to this guy or because of something they read then they aren't loyal and that's your fault not anybody else's.

I don't know if you are him or he is you and you're just trying to promote a pathetic looking website or what and I really don't care. But I'm pretty sure that 1234me guy is one of Jarrod's buddies ;)

This guy is nobodies competitor and in fact he is his worst competitor. He has the word "ME" in his name for god's sake....me, me, me it's all about me. OMG give ME and break! He advertises prices and they are very low, he his a classic fly by night. Kevin how can you even commend this guy, he is a disgrace to the industry but I certainly wouldn't be threatened by him. If he only knew how much having those links on his site was actually hurting his sites rankings I guarantee he'd take them off....derrrr! I'm crossing the line, gotta go.

Competition. What competition.?? Who cares.

Be the best at what you do.

Charge a fair and value based price for a PROFESIONAL job.

Build a loyal customer base.

Leave the job knowing your customer "WILL" want to give your name out because it makes them look good and they want their friends and family to have the benefit of your services.

Be the competition.

Time to get off my soap box (or high horse).

Please fill in your info before you post, and welcome to the board.

Hey Quick,

Did you read the forum rules? No bashing of members is allowed. Ed is a member here, so watch what you say and do not be rude. Also, you need a signature and a legitimate profile, so please take care of both of those.

According to your profile, you were born in 1977, so if you have been in business since the late 80's you started when you were around 13 or so. Maybe you read Lances book, that is when he started too.

I get the feeling that you may have been an employee of his and now have an axe to grind. I hope that is not the case, because it will not be tolerated. reading some of Ed's posts, is directly opposite of what you have said here.

We have been doing decks in SE Michigan for 15 years and I personally know of only 2 Deck restoration companies that have been in business longer. Neither one is in Southfield. Never heard of anyone called quickestimate.

Scott,

Does the info below coincide with the area?

Company Name:

Quick_PW

First & Last Name:

LUK

Address:

85444 JOHHNY ST.

City & State:

SOUTHFIELD ,MI

Zip Code:

PW

Telephone:

810-542-8445

Well the zip code is for a city called National City, MI which is 2-3 hours away from Southfield.

What about the phone number, and address? I doubt there is a Johhny St. Give him a call, maybe he needs some sealer? I sent Ed an email with a link to this thread. Maybe he will come around and comment on what the real deal is.

Barry,

I wouldn't go so far as to call a member here a disgrace to the industry when I don't even know him or his work. Only work I seen of his is pics and some work he did on a website. What's so wrong with liking some things of his site and wishing him well. Can't really say anything of any deeper content or 'education' he presents cause I just breeezed over it. Whatever he's got on there it would be opinion. The very fact he has the links on there is stand up in that it says to his customers 'hey you don't believe me check it out for yourself on these sites'..That's good education effort right there..can't comment right now on if his interpritation of what he may have learned here or may have recreated on his site in the way of tricks of trade. Got better things to do really. As far as linking goes...yes it would be good for the big sites to link to him for the whole ranking thing but I don't see it as mattering so much on these type small business websites when it meant to attract local business or a place to hang hat. I mean it would be nice to be on top but not everyone can be on top.

I wrote Ed on this as I felt he deserves to know. Heck he probably could call it somewhat a success if his local competitor was able to find him.. His customers can also. I gave him pointer to stick his service areas up on main page and to put his name on his about page.

Sorry if I sound abit irritated on this Barry but I find it much easier to say encouraging things about peoples venturing out and offer them help rather than focus on what we may have them do in the way of perfectly educating customers. I just find that having then bear the whole weight of the educated forum world on their shoulders and claiming they need to be some great or worthy teacher to their customer base is abit much...but hey it all good, we all have our opinion I suppose.

btw... guess the words behind my business name,,hahaa..

Yup I came up with it about 30 years back along with blue ice ice cube invention.. :)

SRS of MI is the original name of our company from 80's . We are still here in Southfield ,MI under different name and cleaning mostly industrial places . We don't know Ed but we heard about him little bit from some people. He is a good guy but not so great professionalist . Anyway ....I didn't want to say anything wrong about him but my point was to show and ask you guys if linking to forums like TGS with info that customer shouldn't know is a good thing or not. In my opinion this is not good at all .

Ed...peace brother .

SRS of MI

Southfield ,MI

SRS of MI is the original name of our company from 80's . We are still here in Southfield ,MI under different name and cleaning mostly industrial places .

SRS of MI

Southfield ,MI

SRS was around when we started 15 years ago. Sorry to call you out but you didn't post a signature or any correct info that stated who you were.

Barry,

I wouldn't go so far as to call a member here a disgrace to the industry when I don't even know him or his work. Only work I seen of his is pics and some work he did on a website. What's so wrong with liking some things of his site and wishing him well. Can't really say anything of any deeper content or 'education' he presents cause I just breeezed over it. Whatever he's got on there it would be opinion. The very fact he has the links on there is stand up in that it says to his customers 'hey you don't believe me check it out for yourself on these sites'..That's good education effort right there..can't comment right now on if his interpritation of what he may have learned here or may have recreated on his site in the way of tricks of trade. Got better things to do really. As far as linking goes...yes it would be good for the big sites to link to him for the whole ranking thing but I don't see it as mattering so much on these type small business websites when it meant to attract local business or a place to hang hat. I mean it would be nice to be on top but not everyone can be on top.

I wrote Ed on this as I felt he deserves to know. Heck he probably could call it somewhat a success if his local competitor was able to find him.. His customers can also. I gave him pointer to stick his service areas up on main page and to put his name on his about page.

Sorry if I sound abit irritated on this Barry but I find it much easier to say encouraging things about peoples venturing out and offer them help rather than focus on what we may have them do in the way of perfectly educating customers. I just find that having then bear the whole weight of the educated forum world on their shoulders and claiming they need to be some great or worthy teacher to their customer base is abit much...but hey it all good, we all have our opinion I suppose.

btw... guess the words behind my business name,,hahaa..

Yup I came up with it about 30 years back along with blue ice ice cube invention.. :)

MMI = me, myself, and I. Doesn't surprise me. But at least it's just initials and nobody knows what it means unlike 1234me. IF this is the same guy I'm thinking of, I've seen his ads in the JB dollar books and he advertises $99 dollar house washes, that's a disgrace I don't care who you are or what you say. It's bait and switch just to get the phone to ring, then chems and certain step cost more. It's dishonest, misconceiving, shady, and a disgrace to the industry but he doesn't care because it's all about him.

Wow thanks for all the input!

First of all I've sold about 5 packages total. I'm not going to write a book here, but I'm going to take issue with some people's inability to cope.

1. I have to update my website, the prices were a test which failed. I did this in response to not getting jobs priced below $1 per square foot. I regret that decision.

2. I have NEVER baited and switched anyone for any reason with lower prices. That is dishonest. I am not.

3. My prices in the test were by my sample size and my area. We all know that each job is unique and requires a look to have an accurate estimate.

4. I'm not in the JB Dollar book, it's the monthly shopper along with the phone book. For me knowing people are looking for value it was the right place to be.

5. This season another "power washer" tricked me into doing an estimate at his house. I'm not dishonest. I have a college education and I can control costs better then most of you since I still do all the work myself.

6. Do you know why I'm on ebay? Probably not. ebay ranks high on google > people find me on google > then I get jobs. I pay little on advertising as half my business comes from the web (no detail as it is my competitive advantage)

7. I can charge 1-1.50 a square foot, increase my customer base, and perform a high quality job. Once I have staff and my overhead changes I'll reexamine the numbers.

8. Seriously it is all part of low cost advertising! The people who buy this stuff on ebay are usually kids who don't follow through, but if the do don't you want them not to remove customers from the marketplace?

9. What I make per job is fair in my mind, it's not rocket science and it pays my bills.

10. If you think I'm only going to be a fly-by-night guy - guess again! my sales and customers doubled in the last year. I'm coming, watch out! Heck I'll even give you my $1 per sq ft customers in exchange from the ones I take from you! I've learned they give me the most trouble as their expectations far exceed what they are willing to spend to make it happen.

11. I might not have the same experience, but I have done a good job and know how to package/market myself.

12. 1234me - try looking in a phone book, online or other, in our alphanumeric sort orders I will be ahead of you. Numbers before letters, so when a customer only calls 3 people - I'm one of them.

13. Sorry if you can't compete. I'll need people next season :-)

14. Here's a tip: Track your mileage at .485 it adds up fast, probably even more then your car payment.

15. I've got a family to support, and that is what I'm doing!

16. No hard feelings, it's just business.

17. Thank you for your concerns.

Ed J. Fouchey

Not really Barry...the me,myself, and I reference is just fun.

MMI is roman numeral for 2001. I was produced 7 (perfect) days after release of A Space Odyssey and felt ever since (lol) that the dates in the movie were good goal dates to place on things. Some strange reason I realized as a kid that many life changes often happen to males in their early 30's and figured I would be no different. :)

Hi Ed...good to see ya made it..hang around and enjoy abit..

No, it's just the way the flash is set up. After having the site up like this for a little over a year I'm going to make some renovations. I have received some great input about that header and I'm going to remove it. I think I going to move a slideshow into the main page instead and I can run only 1 flash file at a time (without getting into some tricky web design that's over my head) on a single page.