Sign in to follow this  
cwarrior

Burner not working

Hi. Need some technical advice. My burner will not come on. I have a full tank of diesel. Checked the reset button on the genrator-ok. When I flip the switch, I can hear the sound of the engine change slightly- I guess that means it is not the switch. Any advice as to what could be happening. No repair shops near my location. Thanks!

Mark Mastio

Shorleine Window Cleaning & Pressure Washing

Santa Rosa Beach, Fl.

The engine bog tells me that the motor is ok...that's the motor drawing lots of amps to get started. Could be the flow/pressure/vacuum switch (depending on which your machine uses) or the thermostat/high limit switch...could be the transformer...maybe a bad fuel pump or stripped coupling in the burner. Call me if you like, and I'll try to talk you through a few tests.

Try post number 11 in this thread. The "pressure switch" could be a flow switch or vacuum switch depending on your system like Russ said. http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/tools-equipment-basic-maintenance/11181-wayne-burner-not-burning.html And i fyour burner is Beckett it works pretty much the same

If you got a beckett setup you could easily duduce electrical issues by taking a couple screw out the hinged transforner plate and drop the transformer down to see if ya can get an arc across it with a screwdriver. That will pin down whether you got fuel getting through or tell you if you got electric problem. I mention as it was just the other night that my transformer fell out and was sparking all over the place...haha.. the little tiny spot welds broke that attaches it to the plate. :). To pin down the switches just bypass them by connecting wires together.

Usually a flow/pressure/ vac switch as Russ says....if it is transformer though, a HVAC supply house may have. When mine went one local place was like $40 which is cheap.