Sign in to follow this  
Home Serve

house washing tips

Question

Thank you for this forum! and to the folks who post here!

We do exterior remodeling and are in the process of adding PW to our services here in Central MO.

A question on washing soffit:

We have removed a lot of soffit over the years and one distinct feature of old soffit is how filthy it is on the top side. Literally there is a think layer of dust and filth on it and when removing it you end up with it all over you and everything else!

When washing soffit is there a method where you do not end up with this dirt/dust running all over the place when you PW it??

For gutter washing do you use the gutter wash specific for that or your regular house wash?

We have chems, 100' hose, 4' wand extension, 13 HP washer, is there anything else that we have to have? Was going to wait until early spring to get the rest of our material and tools so they don't sit all winter but if we have to get something else I will.

Other tips for house washing? We have our first job scheduled next week. Do you know of threads or info that may help?

Thanks for help!

Dave

David Carlson

8 answers to this question

Now thats funny. smile Barry!!!

I answered your question at *** and I didnt even tell you to use the search button, like .......................Barrry did LOL:)

Search "Down Streaming" LOL

Feel Free to call Myself or Barry, He is full of great info and like all here, willing to help. However, there IS a TON of info on house washing here to be searched.

Dave, welcome to the board. Don't sweat the ribbing, its a new guy thing. Many of us have spent a ton of hours developing housewash technique, refining it via information from other contractors and field testing, and then debated the topic until we were blue in the face. That goes for any topic matter in our business. So, when someone comes on and wants to just jump right into asking questions it seems a little left field.

I do understand the feeling of wanting answers right away. Who feels like (or has time to) sort through hundreds of posts to find a few hidden gems of information? Its part of the process and a neccesary one. Specific questions after you research will be met by Barry, Alan and everyone else on here with much warmer reception. (as long as that queston isn't about price LOL) Again, man, welcome aboard.

another welcome aboard dave. you would be surprised oh how many of the newbies ask the same identical questions that you have. i know, i was one of those newbies myself and i did the same thing. there are a number of answers to your questions as most of us have our own personal preference on procedures and chemicals. you will find the search function an amazing tool on this forum and the best part about it is that it is "free". if you get stuck then feel free to call or email just about anyone of this forum and i guarantee you that they will be glad to help.

good luck,

rando

thanks i know what a search button is and use it plenty, wanted to say hello and chat but I can see your not in the mood.

Dave

Oh c'mon, it all depends if Tuff took the red pill, or the blue pill.

But they're both symbolic, anyway...you say?

The search button IS extremely valuable!

r