Sign in to follow this  
jetstream1

the new truck

Question

11 answers to this question

Nice Jetstream! Another Tundra. 25,000 well spent. What color is it? And is it the 5.7?

Here is mine, just over 8,000 miles on it. I'm getting 22mpg on the highway with no trailer, 17mpg on the highway with a trailer, and 15mpg in the city with a trailer.

post-2570-137772188595_thumb.jpg

Nice Jetstream! Another Tundra. 25,000 well spent. What color is it? And is it the 5.7?

Here is mine, just over 8,000 miles on it. I'm getting 22mpg on the highway with no trailer, 17mpg on the highway with a trailer, and 15mpg in the city with a trailer.

The truck is green in color I did not get the 5.7 I have the 4.7 with just about

200 miles on it.The 4.7 is fast.So far I love the truck How do you like yours?

Good to see another Tundra Maybe we can start a Toyota club L.O.L

I am looking into the new Tundra's with the extended cab. The ole' 2000 Ranger XLT is getting long in the tooth and needs a new lease on life with someone who perhaps won't work it as hard as I have toting around a 600lb pw'er and ladder every single day. Fords are tough though, my only concern is if I can still get it in the garage with all the accoutrement's.

Rod!~

Jetstream, I'm really enjoying it. It's funny how it's somehow easier to work out of a newer vehicle. It pulls the rig a lot safer then my frontier did too. All the inside storage like the two glove boxes, hanging file folders, and cupholders are really nice too. Are you driving with the traction control on or off - and did they tell you how to turn it off? Mine's a lot more aggressive and powerful (fun to drive) with the traction control off!

This is funny I got the truck last Sunday

My wife drove it home cause I drove my f-150 to the lot

We get home and my wife Honda civic a/c clutch gives out and well

I have not drove it for work yet.The part I needed was at the door step

that I have been waiting for all week.I need to put the elc break box in for the trailer.But has far as the truck .How about the 12 cup holders I have to let you know about driving with traction control on or off.Do you think it is easier to work out of.Ill have to get back to you on this by Monday when I get to drive it LOL

update I just got the wifes car back and she is not wanting to give up the truck to me.I still need to wire in the trailer box.I just gave my 1990 f-150

to some one in need.All I have to do is get my tools and paper work out

and I am ready to work. Looks like I have to get the wife a new truck next

I have 2 older Tundras (1 long bed work truck and 1 short bed work/personal) that have been great and plan on replacing them with 2 new models when I can afford it. The new Tundras are fantastic; everything I wish my current trucks had is now available, like they read my mind. I think you'll be really happy with what you've got. And that 4.7 is tried and true, mine has been problem free at 105k.

I had to hide my wife's set of keys.

Yes, Jetstream, I think it's easier to work out of. The only thing I'm paranoid about is putting a scratch on it somewhere. The bed is getting line-x'ed soon, so I don't care about that, but I'm really careful with tossing hoses and stuff to make sure the fittings don't hit the outside body. I really like the tailgate spring shock thing.. it's just fun to open and close. Driving far distances is a lot more comfortable, and I got sirius radio, so I can listen to fox or whatever - I never have to find a radio station when I'm working away from home.

I am curious as to what kind of fuel mileage you'll get from the 4.7...