Sign in to follow this  
Roger Oakley

Your views on this set-up please.

Could I get your opinions on this trailer set-up please guys.

I found this, they look pretty good, and equipment seems very good. Anyone had any dealings with them?

www.tgeorgepodell.com

It is a turn-key set-up, price is very good (even with the shipping to the UK) compaired to what it would cost to put together over here. The trailer would be made to UK laws, as we have very different rules and regulations over here, a ballpark for the whole thing (except shipping) is $16500.00

Many thanks

Roger, double check that link. i get a timeout error.

Sight unseen I would venture that my only concern would be maintenance cost. Can you get parts for the pump, motor, unloader locally? Can you perform repairs or is there a shop nearby?

Link was good on our end...

Concur with Ken...check around and see where in your neck of the woods you can get parts. If everything in parts comes from the U.S. figure at least 6 days of down time for parts to be shipped for the U.S.

If you are serious, you can probably get them down on their pricing!!

Maybe motor or burner parts availability could be issue as others are saying but aren't the better pumps from over there in his neck of the woods?

If I were to spend that kind of money I would be going with a deisel motor and deisel burner regardless to the deisel being more popular over there.

Your on different voltage right?. I would go with unit from over there as I would not want to contemplate the incompatabilities involved with the switches, generator, burner, power outlets. etc...but that just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the replys so far guys,

Re repairs,

If I went for the Honda engine, should be ok with that as I service my p/w I have now, honda engined, if I went for the diesel engine, again either myself or could get it done over here.

The Pump,

I not to sure but I think General in the states might be interpump over here, (still trying to find out) if it is then interpump parts are easily sourced.

Voltage,

The set-up comes with a 110v generator for the burner, 110 volt parts for the burner again are fairly easy to get over here.

Another question,

General pumps are they good?

Also do you think it is a good price for this package.

If I tried to put something simular together over here, the 16500 dollars would be doubled, a diesel, hot P/W 6 gpm 3000 psi is about £9000, which is about $18000 at todays excahnge rates so plus trailer, water tank, hose's etc you can see how it would easily be double the cost.

I'll try to upload the written quote, so you can see the full package/deal.

Roger,

I lived in England for 10 years. My first thought would be the size of the unit. It's a nice setup, but I would be a little concerned about maneuvering it around some of the roads as well as the weight. Does Karcher not have a unit that would meet your needs? Things like coils and other ancillary parts may be an issue too. Just some thoughts.

Pete,

Yes this is a consideration, the spec of the trailer is for the UK, I can only go to a max of 7' (feet) wide including fenders/wheel arches, their off the shelf trailer ask to speak, is 7' 10" wide (to wide for the UK) so this is a one-off.

Weight, I can pull 2600lbs with my truck, again with what I have asked for just gets me inside the UK legal limit even if I was to have water tank full.

As for the roads, yes ours are a lot smaller, the one thing I have in my favour is a HGV license, (semi-trailer) so used to moveing trailers etc.

Still doing research on parts etc, but so far they are not proving to be difficult to locate.

Karcher does have a machine that is close, but over here it is the cost of this complete set-up, for the machine alone.

A Lavor hot machine is also around the £9000 (GBP) mark.

Thanks for all your replys guy's I went for it in the end, diesel set-up, trailer being made to UK laws etc, I did get the price down a bit, should be over here in about 6-8 weeks.

Please get the fuel tanks to vent and fill outside the trailer. I just cant believe a customer trailer builder would even think of not doing custom.

Fuel should fill from outside the trailer, the door is safer than most but still would not satify me.

Just my thoughts, all in all looks good.

Please get the fuel tanks to vent and fill outside the trailer. I just cant believe a customer trailer builder would even think of not doing custom.

Fuel should fill from outside the trailer, the door is safer than most but still would not satify me.

Just my thoughts, all in all looks good.

Good point Ron, I'll speak to them and see what they say.

So after months of delays etc the trailer is finally ready to ship to the uk.

One quick question, with this being a hot water set-up which or what flat surface cleaner do you guys use? The one I have for my cold machine won't work to well as the hot water damages the "O" rings, the make of mine at the moment is Tech-clean an english make, and the "O" rings do brake-up under hot-water.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.