Sign in to follow this  
One Tough Pressure

Deublin Rotary Unions

According to the deublin catalog, the 927 series was made specifically for the surface cleaner.

They rate it for 4000psi and 4gpm. It is the only one they have for this purpose and that 4gpm rating doesn't compute with the specs of the surface cleaner companies.

Who has a deublin swivel and what model number is on there?

I'll get around to it soon enough Alan, almost time to rebuild it.

See what happens when you kid around with Ron Alan, now you will just have to call him, go ahead he won't bite you!

Originally posted by Ron **********

call me and i might walk out to the shop and look... i have not talked with yah in months. I dont have your number anymore.

You say might walk out to the shop, So I have no guarantee huh? Will give you a call next week, as I am just quickly checking mail and on the road again. Or you can call and try to catch me, 805 217 2483.

Thank you Ron. That is one of the two in the 927 series and here are the specs from their print catalog, since the online version shows no results found. Not very user friendly.

4000 psi max

200° max

2000 rpm max

4 gpm max

I wonder how much life it loses by doing 5 gpm rather than 4 gpm. How long do yours last before replacement is necessary?

Alan:

I'd be interested to see what Steel Eagle or Landa (or any other manufacturer who uses this rotary union) has to say about that.

I mean, some guys are running well over 5gpm on their surfacers...though I can't really see how gpm would have much impact on the reliability of the swivel...I would think rpm and psi would have much more impact.

When I was researching swivels for the Bad Boy, I contacted Deublin and they said the most common used swivel by surfacer manufactures are the 927 series. They are rated at what Alan has said. They do have a swivel that will flow 10 GPM but my cost is

$ 1400.00. Why other manufactures advertize more is beyond me. I guess it is the same type of advertizing some use when they state the size of a surfacer and they measure the body diameter and not the actual cut path.

Robert