Sign in to follow this  
Chappy

Who actually votes

Question

I get a kick out of talking to people about politics. I get a real kick out of listening to people whine and complain about our government, and all the evils of Bush. Then I ask them- did you vote? I should be amazed at how many say the don't vote, but I'm not. The biggest complainers are usually the ones who dont even vote.

What about you?

11 answers to this question

Every election since I was 18, except when was living overseas (non-military), just didn't now the issues well enough to make an informed decision. Never registered with a party and never a party line voter (unless it just happend to work out that way).

I must admit, I waited until 2003 to register to vote...2000 proved to be the mark of making the US a third world country....can't complete an election without a ballot box controversy. BUT thankfully my state wasn't the cause, so I felt it was my duty to utilize my right to vote...my business consultants all told me in 04 it didn't matter who I voted for, our plan would sustain either victor.

SO 3 years later, I ask myself what is it going to take to get my vote in 08...should I vote for the guy in Days of Thunder, or the guy from Days of Thunder land, or is someone else the lesser of the evils we are all inclined to fear.....

Key thing to remember, if you don't vote, you really have nothing to complain about...other than your laziness.

Nice thread idea Jon. I've been voting ever since, local elections affect us all more than the national ones.

You are absolutely correct you must vote no matter what so every Election. I write my High School English Teacher in for whatever office I cant decide between the Brain damaged drunk, The Rapist Murderer, or the Corporate Puppet because you must Vote even if you dont like the person or they are unfit or inappropriate for the job No Morals OK Never read our Constitution OK Involved with Foreign Governments OK It doesnt matter just VOTE

Whats Better Coke or PEPSI VOTE!!!

SHOULD J LO cut her Hair VOTE!!!

What should be the Color of the new M&Ms VOTE!!!!

Which Pampers do you prefer VOTE!!!!!

Rock the Vote Man!!!!

Just Remember You have no one to blame but Yourself!!!!

I AM LOCKED AND LOADED. READY TO VOTE JUST PLEASE GIVE ME SOMEONE WORTH A D@#$ TO VOTE FOR. PLEASE!!! BECAUSE I CONSIDER MY VOTE WORTH SOMETHING MEN DIED TO SECURE THAT RIGHT AND I WONT THROW IT AWAY!! ON SOME PIECE OF TRASH AND THEN SAY WEEL I THINK HE IS DOING A PRETTY GOOD JOB, NOT WHAT I EXPECTED BUT HE WAS THE ONLY (INSERT PARTY HERE) TO VOTE FOR.

Did you know p diddy (vote or die campaign guy) actually never voted in the last election. Claimed he was too busy with getting other people to vote

Ive voted every election thats come up

I get a kick out of talking to people about politics. I get a real kick out of listening to people whine and complain about our government, and all the evils of Bush. Then I ask them- did you vote? I should be amazed at how many say the don't vote, but I'm not. The biggest complainers are usually the ones who dont even vote.

What about you?

See you are wrong again my neo nazi republican friend. I am the biggest complainer about the evils of Bush and .............I VOTE

Its a crying shame that many, most people arent informed on current events and dont have a clue as to whats going on in their own backyard. I've met & known thousands of people and the vast majority dont vote, its because they have no clue, dont care and are just plain lazy. I dont care about your views, get involved enough to vote at least

Can you imagine if we could get 75% or more of our voting age public to vote and care. I bet a lot of the bums we call congressmen & women , would start to do what the people put them there for.

Its a shame what % of voting age people actually vote 20-30%??

Lots in their own world and away from issues the past decade or three as they been there done that and feel no change can ever be had ..hmm perhaps there some other disfunction at play..

For instance it was just the other day I was being sold on idea of signing an eminent domain petition while in front of the grocery store when another customer (older lady) was approached by one of the volunteers doing the petition work. She about ran away clutching her purse saying something about she doesn't want to sign up for a website and something about God when they said what it was for..I was dumb founded.

I have always voted. Voted for Bush twice and wish I had not. Not that the other options were any better. The two party system has become an exclusive club that keeps anyone that could promote some real change out of the picture. My prediction is that whoever the Democratic candidate is, they will win easily. The Republicans have completely alientated much of their base and are too stupid to realize it or too arrogant to care.

My prediction is that whoever the Democratic candidate is, they will win easily. The Republicans have completely alientated much of their base and are too stupid to realize it or too arrogant to care.

although i hate to enter political or religious conversations, here we go...

on the contrary, i believe the democratic party is so smug about Bush and his two terms, that they think they can put anyone into office. (just look at the candidates) all of this without addressing american's biggest concerns.

they are running against Bush and the Republicans instead of running with their own (and America's) ideas to make a real, positive change in office.

i am not dumb enough to think that it will be an easy race, but i think democrates are kidding themselves with the 'leaders' they have put out to run. republicans will need a little 'luck' with the image that Bush has put out (with the added help of the liberal media), but it WILL NOT be a landslide by any means.

although i hate to enter political or religious conversations, here we go...

on the contrary, i believe the democratic party is so smug about Bush and his two terms, that they think they can put anyone into office. (just look at the candidates) all of this without addressing american's biggest concerns.

they are running against Bush and the Republicans instead of running with their own (and America's) ideas to make a real, positive change in office.

i am not dumb enough to think that it will be an easy race, but i think Democrats are kidding themselves with the 'leaders' they have put out to run. republicans will need a little 'luck' with the image that Bush has put out (with the added help of the liberal media), but it WILL NOT be a landslide by any means.

I have to agree with you on a lot of what you said, the only other side of it, is the republicans aren't putting out any real winners. I really think it has a lot to do with the sense that theres no good choices on either side, so anything is good as long as it is change

As a Dem, I will tell you one thing. a lot of it has to do with Bush, YES, but not just because its Bush, Its because many really just find him to be the wrong man to be president. I knew of Bush before he was president and I didn't like many of his views or just how he came across. We (democrats) never really believed he was an honest Conservative and the combination of Bush and a republican congress who basically told all democratic congress just to get out of the way and shut up, made many mad. When you alienate all the Democratic elected officials , you also alienate the people who elected them . US the 50% of the country of democrats, once Bush won and after 911, he told us all he is going to spend his political capital and no matter what the 50% of us wanted or said really mattered

This is why I would love to just see a President that could bring us together more. It will never be perfect, I would just like an improvement