Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Read any good books lately? Post your titles here!

Bought it a few weeks ago but haven't had time to read it yet.

Value Added Selling - Tom Reilly

How to Sell More Profitably, Confidently, and Professionally by Competing on VALUE, Not Price.

When I get the time to read it, I'll share my opinions.

Have you read any good books that have helped your business that you would recommend others read as well? Post the titles and author here. Let's see if we can get a must read list going!

Beth

good books?... thought there only one "Good Book"..authors are John, Paul, George, and Ringo..um er.. I mean and Luke, etc. ..haha

Seriously though...Can't say I ever actually got all the way through a whole business book. Would rather read motivational or spiritual minded books that feed the soul.

Closest one to being a business book I can recommend would be "Who Stole My Cheese". Reads in about a half hour and is good stuff!!

ps--"ESO" in the friendly relations section is good stuff too.. :)

Bought it a few weeks ago but haven't had time to read it yet.

Value Added Selling - Tom Reilly

How to Sell More Profitably, Confidently, and Professionally by Competing on VALUE, Not Price.

When I get the time to read it, I'll share my opinions.

I'll await your report as I could open up to reading a business book here and there...

The idea of competing on value based around quality and 'our' product rather then others price or inabilities always seems important to me. I still make the mistake of addressing others price or what others do during sales or when writing copy. Hard habit to break when there is sloppy unprofessional results staring at ya while visting an establishment though.

Btw..Happy Holidays :)

Russel Simons - Do You. was a good one

Timmothy Ferriss- The 4-hour work week. I didn't like this one to much more for the get rich quick.

With two kids, I haven't read anything lately except stuff related to Dora and Diego...

I feel you. If I didnt have Tivo I wouldn't see one adult show for months. Here are a couple more Mickey mouse club and Little einstines and tigger and Pooh and Franklin

Bill Clintons aoutobiography

I don't think Beth was talking about fictional books :lghohoho:

I would have to say that The E-Myth (contractor) has gotta be on the list. Master the art of Selling...by Tom Hopkins is an oldie but goody. Guerrilla Marketing by Jay Conrad Levinson is one of my favs.

Just got back from 2 weeks in Naples Fl.. Read 2 Grisham books. The Innocent Man and The Last Juror. The Innocent Man is a true story about injustice and the manipulation of evidence.

Just got back from 2 weeks in Naples Fl.. Read 2 Grisham books. The Innocent Man and The Last Juror. The Innocent Man is a true story about injustice and the manipulation of evidence.

I love his books. Have you read his other books?

Beth