Sign in to follow this  
FCPWLLC

Pressure Washing secrets E-Book Reviewed

I bought the ebook just so that I could give it fair review.

Blueprint for how to be a Lowballer hack. I read it so I could be honest and give my fellow contractors a respected review. The pricing guidelines are the same that are all over these sites. Delco and Pressurenet etc. NOTHING that you can't find doing a search on THIS board. Some info actually amaturish.

My review!

If you don't want to take my word for it, just spend the $20 and read for your self. http://www. pressurewashingsecrets. com/

I placed spaces in URL just so this site doesn't get use from another back-link.

Thanks for taking one for the team Mike.

Maybe Beth should delete the original post because if this guy has no credibility in the industry his post should be considered spam.

I want to be fair to this book. Its not the worst thing I have ever read. There are words ommitted and syntax errors in it but the premise of the structure is okay.

Its definitely a noob book (ie NO experience in business or washing) but thats what it was touted as. Secrets? Well thats pure marketing. Take the title for what its worth.

I absolutely see where Michael is coming from. The information given is about as basic as it gets. Some of the information is just plain ill advised. On one hand, good advice is given to not buy a homeonwer targeted machine. He explains about pressure versus flow etc. Where it falls apart is where you read that water and a turbo nozzle are sometimes all that is needed on a deck. That's definite hack material. (louis, I do hope you can take some time to read through the wood forums)

In my opinion, the book is worth a couple of bucks. It would be maybe a chapter or two in a written publication. It may whet the whistle of Joe Pro who doesn't want to work for anyone any longer. Here is my thread on why that is not so great of a motive to start a business.

http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/business-topics-tips/7883-do-you-have-what-takes-entrepreneur.html

A smarter approach may be to sell this book for cheap or better yet.. give it away as a report and then try to sell an advanced book that will help business owners understand their numbers, develop definitive marketing plans, master and close a sale and overcome objections as well as offer long term strategies for growth and exit. The marketing part of this book, while containing some helpful tidbits and resources leaves much to be desired.

I feel a little guilty about tearing a guy to shreds but then again, if one was truly a master of marketing and selling they would have come on here with a totally different approach. You live and learn, Louis.

If Louis is a strong business man he will stick around and learn what we are about before coming out as an expert. In fact, he may actually learn a few things himself. I'd like for him to stick around. I think he is on the right track. Maybe we can help him make the revised edition of the book be a better value.

Ah come on guys..give time with humble heart.

Product isn't really geared or discretely being pushed towards pro's alone. Lot's of newbie's come here and may want a packaged deal to browse through before getting deeper in. Maybe product is abit wanting in areas but who if any of us have a product that isn't in some aspect?

As for Louis...let's treat friends to what we normally do (you know lots of banter..lol..j/k)

He is not foe and he surely is bonafide at some level like the rest of us.. :).. carry on..

Ah come on guys..give time with humble heart.

Product isn't really geared or discretely being pushed towards pro's alone. Lot's of newbie's come here and may want a packaged deal to browse through before getting deeper in...

Kevin,

That is where the problem is with this type of info. It is a recipe for failure. Never mentions Workers Compensation... Never mentions tax witholding, customer cost aquisition, return on investment of marketing, tracking expenses, closing ratios.... list goes on. Nothing about real business fundamentals. This is why our industry is heading toward where painting, landscaping and janitorial is at. Low margins and public perception that is simply cheap labor and no skill. This book will only create a week-end warrior to go out and blemish our industry some more.

I mean telling folks to spray a roof while standing on trailer and having helper drive along is just plain amaturish. Friggin rent a lift and price work accordingly. Telling folks to spray chlorine and dawn detergent with a pump up sprayer... bad news.

Done with this!

Kevin,

That is where the problem is with this type of info. It is a recipe for failure. Never mentions Workers Compensation... Never mentions tax witholding, customer cost aquisition, return on investment of marketing, tracking expenses, closing ratios.... list goes on. Nothing about real business fundamentals. This is why our industry is heading toward where painting, landscaping and janitorial is at. Low margins and public perception that is simply cheap labor and no skill. This book will only create a week-end warrior to go out and blemish our industry some more.

I mean telling folks to spray a roof while standing on trailer and having helper drive along is just plain amaturish. Friggin rent a lift and price work accordingly. Telling folks to spray chlorine and dawn detergent with a pump up sprayer... bad news.

Done with this!

I would never use Dawn............in a pump up sprayer.:)

I agree if there is any bad or wrong info in it, its a bad read, thats it

oh thanks Michael!...suspected some bad info was involved but without my own copy I figured I'de get in your craw so ya talk about yer real feelings on it...haha..

Some reason I luv to make some you guys shine by leaving open doorway or just straight up being devils advocate.. I feel ashamed for it sometimes but I get so much humor back out of it ya'll being so easy...lmaof..kinda backfires though when no one speaks up on occasion.

Hey Louis, I really got to ask man...Did you write the thing or what?

If so, why not use it in some other fashion as Fenner was saying...you know like a report or such. Also, you know that certain chems in airtight container will offgas and explode a person right out their shoes?