Sign in to follow this  
Ron Musgraves

How much would this cabin cost in your area????

Question

16 answers to this question

It depends on which mountains you are talking about. In our area that would be a $400,000 cabin in Flagstaff, $550,000 in Munds park, and $150,000 in Payson. You might be able to get a deal outside of Show Low, but only due to the Fire a couple of years ago.

It is really too ambiguous of a question.

Scott

It is with tongue in cheek that I posted the $225K price tag.

I do agree, that without knowing many details, estimating the cost of a log home is impossible. Many factors go into a home.

Log homes in the Central Virginia area are running about $100 to $125 per square foot of heated living space. This number does not include the land. However, these square foot numbers includes a turn-key operation with normal excavation, a short driveway, a well and septic, a foundation, sub-floor, the log package, the labor to erect it, and all the interior finish items of above average quality.

At $100 per square foot, a 2600 plus square foot home like the one shown in the photo would cost at least $260K (at $125 per sq ft would drive the cost to $325K. (Again, that is only for heated living place.)

Foundation: The average 8' full basement runs about $17 sq ft. An alternative to block and poured foundations are Superior Wall systems. These 8', 9' and 10' manufactured wall systems start at $12 per sq. ft.

Basements: Finished basements typically run $25 per square foot.

Well and Septic: Typically a well with a well pump will cost about $4,500 and a septic system for a three bedroom home runs about $4,500, with a pump extra. These figures can vary depending on the depth of the water table and the soil conditions on the lot.

Other variables are:

- Sub-floors

- Framing

- Insulation

- Interior Walls (drywall or white pine tongue and groove)

- Painting and Staining

- Flooring (vinyl, carpet, ceramic, terazzo, marble)

- Fireplaces (cultured stone, real stone, wood mantle, fire boxes, wood burning stoves)

- Mechanicals: (plumbing, electrical, heating and cooling systems) $450 per plumbing fixture for labor and materials, $2.80 sq ft for electrical labor and materials, $5,000 per unit for Heating Ventilating Air Conditioning.

-Bathroom fixtures: vary depending on the quality level and price of the selections The average bathroom, fixtures such as a double sink, vanity, faucets, bath tub, 4' shower stall with door and standard toilet will start at approximately $2,500 per full bath. Whirlpools start at about $1,200 and garden tubs at about $800 plus the faucets and drains.

- Kitchens: From gourmet to the fast food, it will vary. Allowances of $6,000-$9,000 for cabinetry and laminate counter tops and $2,800 for appliances are a good start. Granite, soapstone and Corian countertops are premium items, and will demand premium price.

- Doors and windows

- Roof: The price per square of heavy guage tin starts at $400 per square plus the installation labor.

- Deck

etc., etc., etc.

oh come on Scott,,,, 150,000 in payson.. maybe a card board box...LOL

how about at least 200,000

the details are on ***... its about 3000 square feet.

It would be more in Scotts area than mine. he lives in the city... I live out in cowboy town. about 30,000 more.

Okay, I guess it could be 200K in Payson.

As for it being in my area, all that I see is a see of tile roofs. After that it is tumblweeds and cactus. I'm an hours drive up the hill froma pine tree.

Scott

Thank you for the Welcome....love the board. I've been doing the for awhile but never knew this web site existed. I love it...its seems more like people giving good advise instead of arguing or belittling the new guy. Good luck looking for a cabin. Me and my family love ours.