Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

'08 Economy Poll

How is the Economy affecting your business?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. How is the Economy affecting your business?

• Not at all.
    • Too soon to tell.
    • Yeah, it is affecting my business.
    • I am concerned for my business.
    • I have had to look into other options to stay busy.
    • I need to find a job.

Jeff, Mad? You Betcha! I am sick in tired of being sick and tired over here. Who are they working for down there any who? Maybe we might be better off if McCain/ Palin gets in and McCain has an about face down in the ground Jan312009 . Palin would become the Presidencha don't yah no! Maybe she could bring about a forced change too the status quo in Wahsilahington DC ? Whatcha thinking about that ? Hey! Presidencha Palin then could nominate Hilary as VP. Palin/ Clinton...........!

So far, I really haven't seen a decrease. I do almost exclusively residential. Lots of repeats, referrals and new customers form the Yellow Pages. Business normally slows in early August - it did - and picks back up at the end of Aug, beginning of September - it did. Usually steady till X-Mas. We'll see.

Is anyone else mad...the rich got richer and Joe Six Pack middle America is bailing them ALL out and yes paying their bills. I am just sick about this whole finacial worldwide crisis

Yes. It's distressing. It's disgusting. And I hate to say this - but it's going to get worse before it begins to get better. But boy do I hope I am wrong. Around here some affluent neighborhoods with relatively new and also established shopping centers are going out. Large stores, small chains....from home wares to kids stuff, to outdoor items, to pet shops to mom n pops....are closing their doors. People are getting laid off. I have friends who made a healthy living in other ways that are unemployed.

The only advice I can give, is stay focused on your business. I'll say it again, networking can help us all get through this.

Beth

Jeff, Mad? You Betcha! I am sick in tired of being sick and tired over here. Who are they working for down there any who? Maybe we might be better off if McCain/ Palin gets in and McCain has an about face down in the ground Jan312009 . Palin would become the Presidencha don't yah no! Maybe she could bring about a forced change too the status quo in Wahsilahington DC ? Whatcha thinking about that ? Hey! Presidencha Palin then could nominate Hilary as VP. Palin/ Clinton...........!

It really did show a lack of foresight on McCains part to choose someone with the prospect of his health being a very real issue to lead the country if he were to be unable to fulfill his duties.

I think the voters are beginning to see it for what it was...a stunt to get elected...doncha know?!?!?

Rod!~

Edited by Beth n Rod

You know this whole thing about Obama's lack of experience is total horse $hit. How much experience did 'W' have before he became president - one term of being a governor - right? Obama was a state senator - and then became a U.S. Senator in '04. That's way more experience than what 'W' had.

Not to mention - look at that fool Henry Paulson - backing out of his original plan and changing how he is distributing money for the bailout. He is suppose to be a financial genius! He is suppose to be all knowing in how economics work - yet he is flabbering around like a beach whale, trying to figure out what to do. That's a man with experience - and yet nothing from his experience is guiding him right now effectively.

I want someone that is smart - knows whom to look for advice - can gather all the opinions and knowledge and make a firm decision, right or wrong. And I believe Obama is the man whom isn't fearful of 'pulling' the trigger in making decisions. Don't let anyone fool you - nobody in washington has any experience right now to make the right decisions - they're all in the dark. Heck did you see Greenspan testify in front of Congress the other week? He was in a state of total shock as to what happened - he admitted to being absolutely clueless that this was all going down. And there is nobody with more experience in the economy than Greenspan - yet he was clueless. They're all clueless - we just need a man with a big heart and strong convictions to lead - and of course the intelligence.

Business wise i have not been affected i have accually become a whole lot more busy.Finacially now is a different story.The fuel has caused my spending to increase and my profits to decrease.I spend plenty on fuel and the mark ups make no sence eather.They raised the prices of the products and on top of that added a fuel surcharge as well as if the mark up wasn't enough.All in all business is doing great just wish the cost would go down so i can do a little less business and have more fun.Thank You Marko

We have definitely been effected by the economy, fortunately during the start-up we focused on the more affluent market. They have been hit hard but want to see us succeed so are not cutting out our services. We did lose a lot of clients that we have done work for in the past b/c they could not afford it, but we were able to triple our business from 2007. We are however a fairly young company and just getting established in out area. We lost 40% of our Christmas light clients but made it up with new clients that will lead to more work throughout the year. Hopefully things will turn around in 2009.