Sign in to follow this  
Scott Stone

I need to build something

Question

I am wanting to build something for pressure washing. I just cannot decide what I want it to be. I have the skills to build most anything, but cannot come up with an idea.

So, here are the guidelines of what I want to build:

1. Needs to be built for less than $200

2. Needs to be saleable

3. Needs to be a somewhat original idea.

4. Has to be DURABLE! Not a throw away item, or a consumable such as chemicals.

So does anyone have an idea?

23 answers to this question

How about a wagon that is radio controlled to bring supplies as needed? Must be capable of carrying up to x weight in materials. Radio control can follow you around with "soap" to dispense for an x-jet?

Hmm, a motorized cart. It really would not be hard to do. What I think that you would want is something that followed you without a remote. So it would have to have a proximity sensor.

The problem with this would be the cost. Just a battery would probably be close to 25% of the cost.

{ON EDIT} There is not an easily available homing sensor. I am thinking that you might have to have a rmeote control for it. That would be a little easier to do, but less convenient.

I am still searching for a perfect deflection sheild for a wand that doesn't get destroyed after the first drop.

or a respirator that actually allows for breathing.

or a helper that that actually absorbs information instead of just sayin uh-huh. ( that would exceed 200 bucks though I'm sure).

... a manual truck mounted boomladder....

maybe 20 footer.

a ticker sign trailer mounted running all of your specials as you cruise....

"Caution High Pressure Area" collapsable sign, like wet floor sign.

quick mount flood lights for unexpected night work.

A small camelback that holds ALOT of water.

A "Lazy Susan" for chem jugs...

I got a million of 'em Scott.

Let's talk designers patent.

Reusable drop cloths for staining that won't catch fire no matter what is on them but don't let stain run down like plastic.

Or a really good shield that is light like cardboard but won't saturate or burst into flames either :)

I have a few ideas that would make tens of thousands of dollars every year with minimal investment, but where's the incentive to share? a "thanks for making me rich" or pat on the back? I'm not in a position to carry out these ideas, but some of you are due to your status and authority in this industry.

If you build a downstreamer just right, where the passage to the venturi is close to parallel to the flow of the high pressure water - you should be able to make it suck even at high pressures - this would be great for applying chems to fleets with high pressure.

I have a few ideas that would make tens of thousands of dollars every year with minimal investment, but where's the incentive to share? a "thanks for making me rich" or pat on the back? I'm not in a position to carry out these ideas, but some of you are due to your status and authority in this industry.

Such is the problem with a viable concept... The inventor must generally give up a large percentage to investors to get the actual item refined, and produced.

So, you gotta pick the right hustle that is found in the back of most magazines, and online, that will serve your need best.

I have been advised, frequently it's best just to put something into production, swamp the market with YOUR product, and gain name recognition rather than get involved in the patent process and eventual expensive battles over contested rights.

Good luck!

If you build a downstreamer just right, where the passage to the venturi is close to parallel to the flow of the high pressure water - you should be able to make it suck even at high pressures - this would be great for applying chems to fleets with high pressure.

So this would be an Xjet with a Spray pattern?

This has already been done in a bunch of different ways. The harder part would be to put a solenoind on it with a remote that would control when the soap was injected and when it would stop. That is really not that hard of a thing to do, either. The biggest problem for many would be anticipating when the soap would run out, but, that would be similar to a low pressure downstreaming set up.

I am still searching for a perfect deflection sheild for a wand that doesn't get destroyed after the first drop.

Hmm, show me an example. This sounds easy.

or a respirator that actually allows for breathing.

Part of the reason for the restriciton is the filtering process. The easiest way around this would be a positive pressure system, but then you are talking an air pump and the mechanics and batteries to make it run

or a helper that that actually absorbs information instead of just sayin uh-huh. ( that would exceed 200 bucks though I'm sure).

We are not talking unachievable fantasies.

... a manual truck mounted boomladder....

maybe 20 footer.

This is done often, but not for $200

a ticker sign trailer mounted running all of your specials as you cruise....

This could be done, and has but not within $200. Looks closer to $10k

"Caution High Pressure Area" collapsable sign, like wet floor sign.

Easily done. If there are enough orders I could have this done within a month, and probably a week.

quick mount flood lights for unexpected night work.

Just an easy quick mount. I have done this already.

A small camelback that holds ALOT of water.

How much water?

A "Lazy Susan" for chem jugs...

Easy to do a rotator, what would you pay for it?

I got a million of 'em Scott.

Let's talk designers patent.

Designing it is what I would do. WHo is paying for it?

Scott I might consider kicking in a few bucks as a partner so you can up your cost to design, build and copyright and sell the idea for a few dollars more.

I've seen remote controls for switching machines on/off or chems on /off but if I recall correctly, pricing was ridiculous. Can you build a better mousetrap?

Ironically, I just found this and am in the process of building one right now. 100ft remote is the best I could do without tripling the cost. What would someone pay for this?

Scott

I know, how about something that would spray water at high pressure. Then I guess you could use it for cleaning maybe. Then you would have to make a way for chemical to run throught the water stream for better cleaning. its worth a try.

Dane

p.s. keep this one between you and me.

I want a detachable hose real mount for the back of my pickup that when in use folds up above the bed and it should swivel.

call it the low baller special, weekend warrior...

Just messin Kev, its actually a good idea for safety reasons.

Guys using there truck for other tasks would not have to deal with the reel.

I'm gonna laugh when i see the first one mounted on and old pinto or buick. LOL

Ironically, I just found this and am in the process of building one right now. 100ft remote is the best I could do without tripling the cost. What would someone pay for this?

Scott

If I were to sale a remote controlled (100 ft) downstream injector on/off switch, would it be worth $125.00?