Sign in to follow this  
Ron Musgraves

Caustic Damage!!!!!!!!!!gotta seeeeee

All our parking lots look like that from the salt (ice melting) this time of year. I'd take a picture and post it but there's a storm coming out of Kentuky and I can bearly see outside.

All our parking lots look like that from the salt (ice melting) this time of year. I'd take a picture and post it but there's a storm coming out of Kentuky and I can bearly see outside.

I suppose between the ice and salt i have here its possible?????????lol

That's pretty severe. To have that much damage, the concentrate of caustic had to be pretty high. Also it's pretty evident they didn't have a couple lot guys with supply hoses and a neutralizer to help keep that from happening. It would have been pretty easy to prevent that.

Beth :cup:

That's pretty severe. To have that much damage, the concentrate of caustic had to be pretty high. Also it's pretty evident they didn't have a couple lot guys with supply hoses and a neutralizer to help keep that from happening. It would have been pretty easy to prevent that.

Beth :cup:

Yes if your going to use caustic to clean concrete next to asphalt sealed surfaces you better be able to pay for re-sealing the asphalt parking lot.

Light use or excessive use has and affect on the asphalt.

Most concrete cleaners are caustic based, caustic is cheap and thats why we over use it as well.

What are others thoughts on the proper way the job should have been done? I use just hot water on the few centers I cuurently have contracts on. If a job needed something extra to get it clean what should be used?

What are others thoughts on the proper way the job should have been done? I use just hot water on the few centers I cuurently have contracts on. If a job needed something extra to get it clean what should be used?

Doug, you could have possible done this with hot water and the same result may have happened. its very possible that why neglect happen in these photos. possible the contractor didnt realize he was washing someones caustic left by someone into the lot.

I'm just making you guys aware that this happens and you should be responsible to watch or even forcast this so you can bill the proper time for the job.

reguardless the caustic needs picked up or rinsed away to a safer place.

If you would like a suggestion for other chemicals i cant help ya, i dont sell them.

ist very possible that some may argue, people are informed that make the decisions and they know when someone gives them the wrong MSDS sheet.

We are currently at trade shows throughout the southwest and starting in the east to inform and educate the end users about the dangers of using chemicals.

your also correct if you maintain the property no or very little chemicals are required.

That's a typical driveway after a PressurePros house wash. KIDDING!

So, Ron, since this was four years ago, what was the outcome? Did you "steal" the account?

Yes, we did get the account. These guys are in the top 10 in az and 100 in the country.

PM are great because they work national and international. This means my expansion for business is unlimited in many cites accross the country.

We have been in 5 cities now and expanding to others with our partners.