Taxes under Clinton 1999 ------------
Taxes under Bush 2008

Single making 30K - tax $8,400 - Single making 30K - tax $4,500

Single making 50K - tax $14,000- Single making 50K - tax $12,500

Single making 75K - tax $23,250- Single making 75K - tax $18,750

Married making 60K - tax $16,800- Married making 60K- tax $9,000

Married making 75K - tax $21,000- Married making 75K - tax $18,750

Married making 125K - tax $38,750- Married making 125K - tax $31,250

If you want to know just how effective the mainstream media is, it is amazing how many people that fall
into the categories above think Bush is screwing them and Bill Clinton was the greatest President ever.

If any democrat is elected, ALL of them say they will repeal the Bush tax cuts and a good portion of the people that fall into the categories above can't wait for it to happen. This is like the movie "The Sting" with Paul Newman; you scam somebody out of their money and they don't even know what happened

79 answers to this question

I like how everyone blames the president for the economic problems caused by peoples incessant hunger for purchasing homes on credit they could never afford.

You wanna know where tax cuts were working? How about government tax receipts coming in at an all time high and 3 percent above projections the year after they went into effect?

To bad he was the biggest wasteful spending prez Lets build a bridge to no where. Bush wouldn't veto it, 6 years without 1 single veto while the republicans held the congress

I know presidents cant control the economy, but many of his policies or lack of policies and lack of regulations made it a a robbers paradise. They dangle a carrot in front of a person who wants the American dream ( a home ) and then they give them a great sounding mortgage rate and lie & cheat to get you to sign, theres going to be trouble. If these mortgage industries knew there were any regulations or laws they may not of helped rape the yes stupid homeowners and possibly could have avoided this recession, that we all now are paying for one way or another

When someone knows there is no one that is going to control you, they get greedy. like large and small corporations. Its our governments role to protect its people, even from themselves or the greedy corporations

all i ever see in these political debates is seething mad liberals who just want to blame bush for everything. i hope you get your liberal president...i guess all three choices are liberal so you will!

Hey Beth, does that mean we have to be respectful to Jeff too???? Jeff my sleep at night hasn't been going to good after my burglary. The neighbors dog backs alot at night which makes me walk downstairs with gun in hand to check it out. I sure will be glad when Wednesday get here, I get my monitored alarm system installed then. As far as President goes. I vote for a different type of government without a president in charge. How about every man for themselves? Take care, I will be sitting here shining my gun up so it will be ready for some action! Hugh

Democratic values..............lord help us.

Give me a fricking break, thats insulting to the millions of DEMOCRATS that love God our Nation and are truly good people. Fricking republicans it sound like they just think they are better than everyone. My mother and father were/are great family oriented people, taught me right from wrong, taught me and fought me to be a good person, loved God and our nation AND THEY WERE DEMOCRATS all their lives. Thats part of the problem with the republican party they think they are better than everyone else and want to tell people how they live their personal lives.

Democratic values -Help everyone Ya thats a horrible thing.

Republican values, lets see, Rush Limbaugh -drug addict and just a mean man, Congressman in bathrooms try to pick up cops, who was that big church leader who was doing drug and gays. Great family values

I wish we could just erase the party lines and become one. Its funny, just think if Obama was a republican, All you got to say is your for family values, against abortion, against raising the minimum raise and support Bush and you republicans would be all over him. Oh ya say your for an amendment to the constitution banning gay marriage ( even thou any politician or historian will tell you there will never be such a amendment.) Come guys, the republicans give as much lip service as any democrat

Hey I'm for banning gay marriage. MAYBE I'm a REPUBLICAN, I must be

Just remember guys just having some fun and playing Devils advocate. Devil ....... I must be a democrat:lildevil::rant:

Hey Beth, does that mean we have to be respectful to Jeff too???? Jeff my sleep at night hasn't been going to good after my burglary. The neighbors dog backs alot at night which makes me walk downstairs with gun in hand to check it out. I sure will be glad when Wednesday get here, I get my monitored alarm system installed then. As far as President goes. I vote for a different type of government without a president in charge. How about every man for themselves? Take care, I will be sitting here shining my gun up so it will be ready for some action! Hugh

thats to bad Hugh, hope the alarm helps set you at ease.

Better watch it the Dems are going to take away all your guns Hugh. Obama I heard is going to start gun squads and go from house to house to take everyones guns Oh ya and he's going to make people gay and have abortions too LOL

No really I heard he Obama as President was going to make everyone gay, just so he could stop all abortions, I crack myself up. If he's for banning abortions and is gay (like many republicans), he must already be a republican. cant convince me Lindsay Grahman isnt gay

:bullistic:bullistic:lgbonk::lgbonk: We having fun yet?

Be careful with that gun Hugh, don't wake up jumpy and shoot mama, be careful man and it will get better for you in time

Like I said, democratic values are not something I teach my children. One of the main reasons this country is in such a downward spiral is because of democratic values. Lord help us.

Like I said, democratic values are not something I teach my children. One of the main reasons this country is in such a downward spiral is because of democratic values. Lord help us.

LOL LOL

Downward spiral imagine that, thats kind of funny since we have had a republican President 20 years out of the past 28 years Hmmmmmmmm. I know, I Know, its the democrats fault LOL

Well I've beaten this dead horse enough !:lgbonk::lgbonk::lgbonk::lgsideway

Good bless America, God Bless all of you, God Bless everyone, except GW LOL, OK God bless George Bush too I guess:lgangel:

Its great we all live in such a great nation, it is a nation that allows us all to have our own views and thats what helps make it great:USA::seeya:See Ya, We need some new smiley faces

Obama's total for new gov't programs- $287Billion

Clintons total for new gov't programs-$257Billion

McCains total for new gov't programs- $7 Billion

That says all I need to know

That's ok Jon, after Obama ends the war - we'll break even. And to boot all the money that would be going towards the war if McCain were president - will instead come back to the welfare of the people in the form of social services - hmmm, socialized medecine for one. Can't wait for a dem!

Amen Danny Boy.......A black or a woman president...Only in the Democratic party are such things possible......Like everything else socially groundbreaking...Such things just don't happen in the Repulican party.............They don't even have a black in the House or Senate........Male or female........

Stephen Andrews

Power Washing

Home & Property

Care & Maintenance

and what about Condoleezza Rice, a black republican Secretary of State

She's just a rubber stamp for Bush & Chenneys messed up foreign policy. Smart women, she should of stood up and said hey guys calling everyone Axis of Evil isnt really a foriegn policy LOL

Thats what I always here, any black republican leader is always just a pawn for Bush. What about Colin Powell, first black Secretary of State, and he did disagree with Bush on plenty of things, does he count as a black rublican leader or not

Thats what I always here, any black republican leader is always just a pawn for Bush. What about Colin Powell, first black Secretary of State, and he did disagree with Bush on plenty of things, does he count as a black rublican leader or not

Colon I think is a good person and I think would make a great President. The republicans should try to get him to run in 2012. I'd vote for him. The problem with Powell is he did disagree with Bush and tried to fight him & chenney, but in the end he went in front of the UN and said the bush company line. I saw an interview with Powell and he regrets he didn't fight harder. I like the man he can even admit his mistakes. He did not want to go to war with Iraq, Bush should have listened to a man that has seen it all when it comes to war & peace

POWELL IN 2012

Man he's 70, I never would have thought that old. I know he has never wanted to be President. wishful thinking I guess. He is a smart even headed man

Powell and Rice were appointed officials. They were not elected....I think the real question is why do blacks choose to run as Democrats almost exclusively? (At last count there are, I believe, 40 blacks in the house and 1 in the senate (Obama)....There are no black Republicans.....Does anyone want to take an honest stab at why that is?.........Lets be real here..............

Stephen Andrews

Power Washing

Home & Property

Care & Maintenance