Sign in to follow this  
plainpainter

Maintenance coats on horizontals?

Question

Just looking to see what guys are charging{not in an absolute amounts} for maintenance deck staining on handrails and floors? I am talking a simple bleach or percarb clean on the deck - nothing too strong - and a thin coat to all railings and floor boards on a previously restored deck. If I break down my cost of stripping/defurring/staining/materials for a full strip job - and say I am charging $0.75/sq.ft. for stripping and neutralizing - what would you charge for a 'simple' maintenance wash - and should I keep my 'staining' rate the same? Is materials rate alot less as well? Just wanted some opinions.

And what are some minimums would you stick to for a service like this? At least with woodtux - I could stain easily the same day.

4 answers to this question

Hey daniel,

I'd be happy to share with you. just not on a public forum. PM me if you like. Discussing prices on a public forum is shooting yourself in the foot, Lots of lookers and lurkers here......

We provide a 25% discount (used to be 30 but fuel and everything) on maintenance work IF DONE PER THE PRESCRIBED MAINTENANCE PLAN. They have to have it completed by the third season to receive the discount or we charge full rate again.

Daniel,

We are in the same ballpark as Greg, typically 20% discount in labor for maintenance work.

With Ready Seal, stain material quantities are ~ 60% of the amount initially used.

Ok - I understand where you guys are going - but I was more thinking that if you came up with a price per square foot to strip and 'balance' - that wouldn't be the same price for a simple bleach/surfact and rinse? Am I correct? Say I charged $0.75 for just the stripping and 'balance' alone per sq. foot. I wouldn't charge that full amount for just a quickie wash with bleach and some dawn