Sign in to follow this  
RogerG

Thanks Russ

I just wanted to tell Russ Johnson thank you for helping me out. My 18hp Vanguard puked oil out everywhere (out the muffler, breathing tube) end result it caught fire. 20 minutes on the phone with Russ and the engine is running like new again. Thanks Russ you saved me big $$$.

:lgmoneyey

Roger

The float in the carburetor got some trash in the valve seat and wouldn't close so the gas over flowed into the cylinders. When I shut the engine off for the day it filled the crank case with gas. End result is the oil and gas that was in the crank case was pushed through the breather tube down into the carburetor. It filled the cylinders with the oil and gas mix and the pressure sent it out the muffler at witch point the motor fired up, backfired and the top of the carburetor caught fire. I thought that the engine was ruined but Russ fixed it over the phone.

Roger

The float in the carburetor got some trash in the valve seat and wouldn't close so the gas over flowed into the cylinders. When I shut the engine off for the day it filled the crank case with gas. End result is the oil and gas that was in the crank case was pushed through the breather tube down into the carburetor. It filled the cylinders with the oil and gas mix and the pressure sent it out the muffler at witch point the motor fired up, backfired and the top of the carburetor caught fire. I thought that the engine was ruined but Russ fixed it over the phone.

Roger

He's good like that.He has helped me do the same a few times.