Sign in to follow this  
clean streak

water tank ??

Question

12 answers to this question

Clean Streak,

Check with dry cleaner or places with an automatic car washes.You might also look around where you live to see if there is a campany that re sells used cotainers.these companies clean them and sell to the public and 2nd user companies.

I just ordered 4-20 gallon tanks from US Plastics for around $50.00 each plus shipping. They don't have them listed in their catolog but call, ask for Heather and she can hook you up. I think they have 4 different configurations to choose from.

Thanks for the info

I just ordered 4-20 gallon tanks from US Plastics for around $50.00 each plus shipping. They don't have them listed in their catolog but call, ask for Heather and she can hook you up. I think they have 4 different configurations to choose from.

Clean Streak,

Take a drive to Colonial Chemical in Tabernacle. They are located on Carranza Rd. and they have plenty of 20,30 and 55 gal drums that they will give you.

I have allready gotten several from them. Do not go out and pay money for these. Take the 1/2 hr drive and come on out here to get them for free.

The ONLY reason I can see to buy a 15, 30, or 55 gallon container is if you need a specific shape for some reason. For a chem tank on a hand truck, a 15 or 30 gallon drum should do the job...You should be able to find 15 and 30 gallon drums free...check with car washes, hotels, dry cleaners, etc. I've not seen 55's free, but I can usually get them for $10-$15.00 (the white poly drums).

If you are looking to cart-mount a plastic tank, don't forget to consider overall weight. A a full fifteen gallon tank mounted on a typical portable setup, would weigh about 150 pounds. That is very heavy when thinking about dragging it around site to site, through who-knows-what type of terrain. A full twenty gallon rig weighs in at about 190 pounds. Anything greater is probably wishful thinking at best.

If you are looking to cart-mount a plastic tank, don't forget to consider overall weight. A a full fifteen gallon tank mounted on a typical portable setup, would weigh about 150 pounds. That is very heavy when thinking about dragging it around site to site, through who-knows-what type of terrain. A full twenty gallon rig weighs in at about 190 pounds. Anything greater is probably wishful thinking at best.

Don't forget the 20-25 pound battery weight also.