Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Kudos to Rick Petry & Jim Foley on CT Article!

Beth,

Do you know if Cleaner Times sells reprints of articles? There was a 1 pg. article in July 2007 on a tough restoration job we did. Along with this exotic woods article, reprints might be good selling tools.

Jim,

Is that the infamous "Defurno" on page 6? Rest of the photos are ours except for the cover. Is that redwood or some type of exotic cedar? Nice looking wood.

I have not seen the article. Yes that is" De Furno ". The photo is most likely of Port Orford Cedar the hardest of Cedar group and is like a hardwood. It is also the biggest Pain in the Donkey!!

Beth,

I think Jim may be email challenged.... I sent him the PDF file from here as a backup.

Jim,

The cover picture has a monster white pergola. So that's Port Orford cedar? I want some...!

Cover is not my photo and it doesn't look like a hardwood. Some mis information from the interview but well done over all. Most photos are Ricks. I gave them some great photos not used .

Cover is not my photo and it doesn't look like a hardwood. ...

Hmm, my guess is the 2x4's are redwood. Really like 2x4 construction for deck floors. Very nice deck and wood.