Sign in to follow this  
plainpainter

Strange people

Question

Have any of you gone to an appointment for an estimate - show up on time, and knock on the door and ring the bell, call their # from the cell - and they never answer the door? And to boot - you see figures of people walking around inside. Has this ever happened to you? It just happened to me - do I just dismiss as F'd up wackos?

8 answers to this question

I ahd that happen once as well. Pretty wierd. After doing as you did. I just called the number again left a message. And left, They were never to be heard from again.......

Haven't ran into this one yet..that's just too crazy.

Logic would say that if you conversed with them prior to the appointment that they were not deaf.

ps- did you show up in a suit and/or on a bicycle?..maybe they thought you were lds or the witnesses.. :lgangel:

Yes. It happens from time to time. Some people are sensitive about strangers, and often women are home and a man comes to estimate. Think about that..... Also some folks don't like what they think might be a high pressure sales pitch, so they avoid the salesperson.

Beth

Welcome to the 4th dimension!

Your atoms were scattered and while you had consciousness of the event, you were not in this plane of existence.

Next time, refocus your atomic structure, get back into real time and then.....knock on the door with a little bit of a 'shave and a haircut' rhythm.

Rod!~

Not a big deal. Just measure to do your estimate and leave it in the mail box then move on to the next estimate.

Sometimes its nice to just do your thing for giving the estimate and leave your paper work. If they are interested they will call.

But I'm not a high pressure type salesman.

I've had estimates like that. They never say they will be there, and even though you know they are there, they wont answer the door and obviously prefer that you leave the quote at the door.

I also have a few customers that will not answer the door when the job is finished. I know they are there, but they pretend they are not. So I leave the bill in the door and they mail me the check.

I've still yet to have a customer not pay for services, or even try not to pay. I don't know if that's common or if I've just been lucky.

Sometimes you get a call from one spouse and the other didn't know. Then they get nasty to the other about spending money. I got a call the other day about a deck from a lady and when I called to say I was coming over to quote it. A man answered and started to get indignant with me on the phone about his deck and wife. He didn't know anything about it......