Sign in to follow this  
Ron Musgraves

Beths number 1 www.seedirtrun.com

Question

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=t&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4DKUS_enUS251US252&q=deck+restoration+company%27s+10+years+old

look at number three, I couldnt embed this pro.

Please look at some of his other videos.

I love google....

recently we debated about number one status, rods site is number one. Great!!

How many people see number threes youtube video and hire him?

Thats his channel http://youtube.com/user/prohdr

15 answers to this question

you really believe the consumer is stupid? You think people that have a site are real? Smart people know anyone can have a website...for 8.5 a month..and the 12 year old built it.

Credentials and experience along with a website make a difference.

Rods site has that, number 3 on the planet is a google joke.

Ron, are you saying because the company started in 2003 and they didn't spend 1000's of $$ and hours on their site.....they're not credible? There are "old" companies out there whose sites are still under construction. Doesn't look very credible either.

Ron, I think you may be misunderstanding how Google works and returns results pages. Using a tool called keyword discovery the term "pressure cleaning company's 10 years old" was searched for 0.00 times. Google looks for keywords, matches tha to how many inlinks a site has containing those keywords and spits out the results.

Work that can be expected for ranking with this particular phrase? $0.00

When someone searches for a site it usually localized. It might read something like "commercial pressure washing services AZ" or "concrete cleaning companies AZ". These are examples of the types of keywords/phrases you should be targeting, Ron. If someone finds your site and isn't committed they may then go back and research your company name. That's where these boards usually pop up.

What was the point of this thread?

Beth

Did you view your number three guy? Hes a Hack for sure.

He has a number three google rank.

How many people will unfortunatly look by the real person and get that a representation for being good. Just because he has a high rank on google.

Beth, site is top notch. should be high ranked.

I guess , how many people confuse reliable and responsible contractors on rank of site or even how well the site looks.

In Beth & Rods case its real. (top notch site and Good contractors)

I guess we could look on both sides of this. Fake logos fake ids, fake historys.

how many times have we found out someone has stolen our photos? these are people dealing with consumers, these are dishonest people.

The youtube guy here is not a thief, just represents wood at a low.

I just feel this hurts the industry as much as anyone claims a lowballer hurts.

Edited by Ron Musgraves

Ron, are you saying because the company started in 2003 and they didn't spend 1000's of $$ and hours on their site.....they're not credible? There are "old" companies out there whose sites are still under construction. Doesn't look very credible either.

No i was not clear, has nothing do with what you said.

Ron, I think you may be misunderstanding how Google works and returns results pages. Using a tool called keyword discovery the term "pressure cleaning company's 10 years old" was searched for 0.00 times. Google looks for keywords, matches tha to how many inlinks a site has containing those keywords and spits out the results.

Work that can be expected for ranking with this particular phrase? $0.00

When someone searches for a site it usually localized. It might read something like "commercial pressure washing services AZ" or "concrete cleaning companies AZ". These are examples of the types of keywords/phrases you should be targeting, Ron. If someone finds your site and isn't committed they may then go back and research your company name. That's where these boards usually pop up.

No, not confused,,, I know how it works Ken. Been involved in this before google exsisted.

Its a Shame a site like Beth & Rod are even on the same page as a Hack or a Fake contractor.

Thats my only point, But i think many here take it offensive. My serach was looking for deck restoration guy. This guy pops up number three.

Watch the videos, I certain if you love your business, you will be sick.

What's the point?.. And what kind of searcher for services is going to put in all the words same as that search. Isn't the most important to have yer city or area coming up as number one?

For you city is important, my customer are around the globe.

Kevin, I'm sorry i was not clear. I'm not talking about how you do or why.

read my other posts....

Well, I do get your point Ron, and thank you for the kind words. Unfortunately, we all start somewhere, and we either evolve or we fail. It is up to those of us who are professionals to educate the consumers. I feel there is no better way to do business than that.

Beth

Well, I do get your point Ron, and thank you for the kind words. Unfortunately, we all start somewhere, and we either evolve or we fail. It is up to those of us who are professionals to educate the consumers. I feel there is no better way to do business than that.

Beth

Its a shame, build and steal my logo and be me. its happen now 6 times.

Unreal, these hacks are destroying the web now.

when you hire online, LOOK at the people and get the testimonials.

No problem Beth,

Ron,

What Ken is saying is that you are getting all worked up over nothing. That long tailed keyword you put into the search engine, "deck restoration company's 10 years old", has been searched zero times in the past year until now.

Here's another one for you Ron. Search "$99 house wash services". I see a couple of guys on the first page that are reputable business' and message board members. They are surrounded by a bunch of hacks. But again it means nothing because that term has also been searched zero times in the last year, so who cares!

Ron,

What Ken is saying is that you are getting all worked up over nothing. That long tailed keyword you put into the search engine, "deck restoration company's 10 years old", has been searched zero times in the past year until now.

Here's another one for you Ron. Search "$99 house wash services". I see a couple of guys on the first page that are reputable business' and message board members. They are surrounded by a bunch of hacks. But again it means nothing because that term has also been searched zero times in the last year, so who cares!

MY POINT IS BARRY, This web stuff means nothing in commercial world.

The person behind the keyboard has been to the buyer beware seach seminar. Thye are given tips and shown how people in the world portray themselves as something they are not.

In this case the guy just has a high search and it doesnt mean anything. In some cases people are number one and have been in business all of three months.

I guess my point would be, people that shop the web really understand this and those pigeons that shop might get ripped off.

WEB reality!!!!